Non-uniform lengths of bracelet strings while making normal bracelets
sasharaven
Professional
sasharaven
3 years, 6 months ago by sasharaven
While I am making normals, all my strings end up being at totally different lengths by the time I'm done, it ends up looking really unpleasant at the ending. This happens despite the fact that I always cut my strings one handspan long. Is it inevitable? Or is their some trick to fix it? Please help.
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 6 months ago by Jdog12525
When u say “handspan” do you mean one arms length? If so, you will want to increase the length of your strings. I would suggest cutting them twice as long as you normally would. If you begin to run out of string while working and can no longer know with it because if the length, Masha Knots has a tutorial on how to add more string (I forgot the name of the video). It’s essentially the same technique if you were to add more string into an alpha bracelet if you are familiar with that.
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
spelling error *can no longer KNOT with it*
whitneymac
Professional
whitneymac
3 years, 6 months ago by whitneymac
As far as I know there is no solution to this, it’s just inevitable that you will use more of some strings than others. I always make sure my string is long enough that I can cut it after I make the ties and the end product looks even. idk if it’s possible to knot in a way that makes the strings come out even, I suspect it isn’t...
sasharaven
Professional
sasharaven
@Jdog12525 oh no! I meant to say wingspan in my original post sorry!
sasharaven
Professional
sasharaven
Thank you! @Jdog12525 and @whitneymac <3
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
So since you are using wingspan, I would try to experiment with different lengths. I’m not sure how tall you are so using your own wingspan might be causing the shortening of your string. I would suggest cutting your string between 5ft and 6ft. This may sound like a lot but once you find a length that won’t cause shortening, you won’t have to run into this dilema again.