Can I use Amazon thread as base strings with DMC thread?
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
3 years, 6 months ago by graceb2707
Hi!! I bought DMC thread for a particular alpha, and thought I would use my black DMC thread for the base strings, but I don't think I have enough for the base strings and knotting string for the background, which will mean I'll need a lot...yay 😂 so I was wondering if I could use my Amazon thread (which is slightly thicker) with my DMC thread? Like will it be uneven if I use it?
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 6 months ago by Knots_EM
As long as you use one brand of string as base string and one brand of string for the leading string it will be fine. It will only be uneven if you use more than one brand for the base strings and more than one brand for the leading string.
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
3 years, 6 months ago by graceb2707
Alright, thanks so much! That's super helpful
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Actually it depends on size of the sizes of the two brands are the same you defientely can mix and match I have used both thin and thicker thread in the same bracelets and it’s a little harder but I am pretty sure most amazon threads have the same thickness of dmc
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Oh and even if the base amazon thread is slightly thicker it you can’t see much of a difference there’s no problem or you can double up the dmc base strings to be as thick as the amazon threads
aukse
Professional
aukse
3 years, 6 months ago by aukse
i reccomended buying pilleay thread from amazon since they are the exact same size as dmc!