V Alphas
KaraZ
Professional
KaraZ
3 years, 6 months ago by KaraZ
whenever I make triangle ends on an alpha, the knots never actually go to the top of the string in the middle, and there's a u shape in every row which makes the pattern look wonky. what should I do?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
push your knots up as straight as possible after every row. Make sure you knot at the same tension the whole time and do full rows forward then backward not half and half.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 6 months ago by halokiwi
Are you using the straight edges technique for the triangle end?
KaraZ
Professional
KaraZ
@halokiwi yep I am
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 6 months ago by halokiwi
Hi, I think I've never done alpha triangle ends with straight edges but in general when making straight edges it's important to remember that you need to make two bf or fb knots right after each other because you are replacing two knots. Sometimes people forget the second knot.
KaraZ
Professional
KaraZ
@halokiwi ok yea cool I do that. I think I will just try to make my rows straighter haha
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
3 years, 6 months ago by srhamy28
are you making the triangle ends using the technique of having one big bundle in the middle, and bringing strings out for each row? I've found that this technique does not work as well as the newer one. the newer one involves having two bundles on the sides, and bringing the base strings in. masha knots on youtube has two alpha triangle ends videos, and I recommend the newer one (with the space bracelet in the thumbnail). based on ur explanation, it sounds like you are following the old technique, so try out this new one. if not, I'm now sure why your rows wouldn't be straight. obviously, whenever trying a new technique, you need to practice!!! hope this helps.
KaraZ
Professional
KaraZ
@srhamy28 ohhhh thank you so much! I was using the old technique! I will do this in the future. Thanks!