alphas long and distorted
andyharls
Professional
andyharls
3 years, 6 months ago by andyharls
so i'm having a problem with my alphas, the knots are all too long and it's making my alphas too long if that makes sense? like patterns that should be square are coming out rectangular and the picture is too long.
does anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it?
mintcookie
Bracelet King
mintcookie
3 years, 6 months ago by mintcookie
Does this problem happen for normal patterns as well? I’m not exactly sure what the issue is but I think your knots are long because you’re unfamiliar with alphas and end up tying your knots a little weirdly/ loosely?
I think you can try to make the first row of knots closer to each other and for subsequent rows, make sure that the spacing of knots/ thickness of the bracelet is aligned with the first 😊
andyharls
Professional
andyharls
3 years, 6 months ago by andyharls
@mintcookie yeah i'm very new to alphas and still getting the hang of them, thank you so much for the advice i'll definitely try it! i didn't realise the thread below this one was the same question and apparently it's fairly normal but thank you i'm gonna try tying them tighter and closer! thank you!
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years, 6 months ago by aiden707
That is pretty normal because knots are never perfectly square or circle and are always a little long. The problem can be fixed somewhat by tying the knots tighter but there will always be a tiny amount of elongation of knots.
This applies to both normal and alpha bracelets
😊
bee4
Bracelet King
bee4
3 years, 6 months ago by bee4
If you find out that the pattern is really stretched out, you might want to try pushing the row up with something after reach row, or using craft cord for your alphas. But I would try a few more before you switch threads with pushing the rows up. Craft cord is thinner which makes the knots smaller, and makes the patterns less stretched out looking.