My back hurts!!
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 7 months ago by Diana2509
So I have been making bracelets for a long time, and this always happens when I make them for more than half an hour or so. I sort of crouch over my clipboard to make my bracelets because that is the most comfortable position to make knots for me. But after a while, my back really aches. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years, 7 months ago by aiden707
One way to fix it is to take breaks. During that break you could lie down for some time or take a walk.
Also you could cut down on the time a bit sometimes. Perhaps some stretching exercises could also help 😊
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
Ok ty @aiden707!
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
3 years, 7 months ago by awesomelgk
I prop my feet on the couch so my clipboard can rest on my knees, so I don't have to bend over as far
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
That is a great idea @awesomelgk! Thanks!
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
3 years, 7 months ago by awesomelgk
You're welcome! That is the only comfortable way I can make bracelets
arizonabby
Professional
arizonabby
3 years, 7 months ago by arizonabby
I had these issues for a long time but then I learned a hack, you need to stand in between your door jamb and while holding onto two parts lean as much as you can forward and then backward for couple seconds, this should ease the tension in your lower back
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
@arizonabby I just tried it, thanks!
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years, 7 months ago by aiden707
@arizonabby oooh that is a great idea 👍 👍 👍 😊
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 7 months ago by sockkat
I use a rolled up towel to help prop up my board. I take a kitchen/hand towel, fold it in thirds lengthways, roll it up, and secure with a rubber band ar each end. A small pillow might also work, but I find that the terrycloth texture makes it slide less.

You might also want to consider a rolled up towel at the small of your back to improve your posture while knotting.
brr
Professional
brr
3 years, 7 months ago by brr
I have this issue also, I usually lower my chair and sit close to my desk so I don't have to bend over as much.
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
3 years, 7 months ago by So_Knotty
Try to ty with the clipboard slanted on a wall/table etc. that way you can sit a little straighter
__avery__
Bracelet King
__avery__
3 years, 7 months ago by __avery__
Walking always helps me!
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
Thank you so much @sockkat @brr @So_Knotty @_Avery_ those are all great ideas and have helped SO MUCH!!
Cr3ativity
Bracelet King
Cr3ativity
3 years, 7 months ago by Cr3ativity
Oof! Yeah, you're not alone. I've definitely had these issues before. I actually had physical therapy (PT) for it. The pain subsided after a few weeks of PT so my advice to you would be to strengthen your back. Also strengthening your glutes and and core can help support your back. You can just look up some exercises for those. Remember, you should always be careful when exercising; never overdo it (speaking from experience).
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
@Cr3ativity tysm! I will definitely try to do some of those exercises.
elephants1
Bracelet King
elephants1
3 years, 7 months ago by elephants1
Try sitting in a comfortable spot like a couch, bed etc! I’ve had this struggle but I think you need to have a good posture and good place to make them.
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
i sit in my bed with a pillow and i still have horrible posture. I also find that when I prop my clipboard up my elbows don’t have as much room. I think the best to fix the problem is to just stretch occasionally.
Guac_amole
Professional
Guac_amole
3 years, 7 months ago by Guac_amole
I found the most comfortable way for me to do my bracelets is by using a safety pin or two on my knee of my pants rather than a clip board so it doesn't slide. I also prop my foot up between the couch cushions or on the couch so it is closer to me. 😊
ellie888
Bracelet King
ellie888
3 years, 6 months ago by ellie888
I like to sit with my back against a chair, couch, etc, with my feet on the seat so my knees are sort of parallel with my chest, but still a little angled (if that makes sense) I put my clipboard in the gap and I don’t have any problem with it 🙂