Alpha Knotting Problem
itzmtz
Skiller
itzmtz
3 years, 7 months ago by itzmtz
Hi, I recently started making alphas, but I haven figure out how to make my knots so the dont make a curve on my bracelet. Help!!!
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 7 months ago by Diana2509
I am not quite sure what you mean by a curve on your bracelet and where the curve is, but watching masha knots' "flat alpha" and "straight edges techniques" really help with bumpy knots. But if you mean when you are using a certain color again and the bracelet curls, try to knot the first knot a little looser. Sorry if this didn't really help.
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years, 7 months ago by aiden707
If by curves you mean the little bumps on the edges of the bracelet then I agree with @Diana2509.
If you mean the bracelet itself curves, then it's probably because of inconsistent knot tension in the bracelet or at the edges. This can be fixed with practice.
One thing could also be that you maybe forgot to do a knot on the edge to start a new row. This can happen sometimes.
Hope this helps 😊
itzmtz
Skiller
itzmtz
3 years, 7 months ago by itzmtz
Thank you both, I guess my problem is knotting tension, I'll have to practice 😄
Melocin
Professional
Melocin
3 years, 7 months ago by Melocin
I’m currently using dmc and another no name brand to make a simple bracelet (9 strings) but I’ve noticed the dmc sting comes out even and clean looking and the no name comes out puffy or wonky. My bracket is straight it’s just the knots look puffy. Any advice?
feliagu
Professional
feliagu
3 years, 7 months ago by feliagu
how do i make straight edges?
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 7 months ago by Elise64
@Melocin If the strings are of different thickness that’s probably why but if you don’t use the flat alpha technique definitely start doing it, your bracelets will be so much better.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 7 months ago by halokiwi
@feliagu you replace the knots right at the edge with bf knots on the left and fb knots on the right.