Advanced
lolzz27
3 years, 8 months ago by lolzz27
what is an alpha bracelet?
JulaZyziu
Bracelet King
JulaZyziu
3 years, 8 months ago by JulaZyziu
I will try to explain as best as I can c: Alpha bracelet is a bracelet in which you tie your knots onto base strings horizontally with mostly forward and backward knots, to make a pattern you add another color of string hiding the string you made knots with before. You can find some tutorials for them on youtube. I'd suggest Masha knots tutorial. ❤️
lolzz27
Advanced
lolzz27
i’m confused lol but i understand a little better thank you!!!
JulaZyziu
Bracelet King
JulaZyziu
3 years, 8 months ago by JulaZyziu
I'm so glad i could help even a little bit ❤️
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 8 months ago by sockkat
An alpha bracelet uses something like a weaving technique. You have strings running up and down (your base or holding strings) and then a separate string that knots from left to right and back (your knotting or working string).

A normal bracelet always works in pairs (knot string 1 and 2 together, then 3 and 4 together, etc.). An alpha will have you knotting your working string onto string 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, etc. Same knots, just a different technique.

Normal bracelets are a little easier for beginners, but alphas offer more versatility for designs. You can do anything from alphabets (hence the name) to even replicas of famous paintings.

Give it a try! Good luck and have fun!
lolzz27
Advanced
lolzz27
thank you!!
JocelynH
Bracelet King
JocelynH
3 years, 8 months ago by JocelynH
@lolzz27 Also, with alphas, people tend to make them more based on images rather than just repeating patterns. You'll notice that there are many alpha patterns on this site that look like dogs or other kinds of animals, while you can't find that in normal patterns.
lolzz27
Advanced
lolzz27
ooh ok! thank you so much! both of you guys have been very helpful 🙂