Help with #27273
Lajo1013
Professional
Lajo1013
3 years, 8 months ago by Lajo1013
My friend asked me to make 27273. I’m struggling with the best way to make a loop start and the best way to knot. I’ve made loops where I have split a strand but I’m not sure if that’s the best way as the colors she wants are all shades of blue/turquoise and black and when I split strands the 2 halves never really seem to come together. And should I knot like a candy stripe or more like a chevron? Any advice? I’d love to get this bracelet done before tomorrow afternoon as I’m going to visit her and I’d love to bring it with me. Thanks in advance for any advice! ❤️
twirler_03
Bracelet King
twirler_03
3 years, 8 months ago by twirler_03
u can do a loop like the one on my first photo
twirler_03
Bracelet King
twirler_03
3 years, 8 months ago by twirler_03
message me
Lajo1013
Professional
Lajo1013
I ended up splitting the strands and making a tear drop. I was just nervous, the last 2 that i tried to split, i ended up scrapping both of them. So far, so good...fingers crossed! Thanks so much for the offer!
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 8 months ago by sockkat
When I have single strands of colours I cut them longer and run them the whole length of the loop with bit of extra that can be used to help secure them while I tie the first knots. The loop will be a bit thicker and you will have to knot a bit carefully for the first row or two to make sure that you don't yank it out, but it's doable.

Good luck!
Lajo1013
Professional
Lajo1013
@sockkat...oh that makes sense....I'll have to try that next time. Splitting strands takes so long cause you have to make sure they don't get tangled and its a huge pain. You way sounds easier! Thanks for the advice!