How to do an odd number of strings on a tapestry
_bracelet1
Bracelet King
_bracelet1
3 years, 8 months ago by _bracelet1
I really wanna majw one but i need help !!
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
All you have to do is make one of the larks head knots so that one half of the string is the length of the rest of the base strings. Then, make the other half shorter. Ignore the short end while you knot, and when you’re done, you can tuck it in the back. Hope this helps 😄
_bracelet1
Bracelet King
_bracelet1
Ok thx.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
No problem 😊
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 8 months ago by sockkat
I've used two methods. One is the lark's head with one side shorter than the other, like @nev_m_07 described, only I'll knot over the long and the short side at the same time for 2-3 rows before trimming the excess. I don't find that the knots are significantly bigger (I use floss) especially if you tie those knots a bit tighter. No ends to hide this way.

The other way is to run one end of your odd thread along the length of the stick so that you make your lark's heads of all the other base strings over the stick and the thread. Warning: make sure that you don't pull too tight when knotting onto that cord the first few rows or you might yank it out by accident. Again, no ends to hide.

If you are using very thick or dense cords/rope these techniques may not work, however.

Good luck!
_bracelet1
Bracelet King
_bracelet1
Sry whats a larks head
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 8 months ago by sockkat
A lark's head knot is when you fold your string in half, pull the loop end over your stick, then pull both ends through the loop. It's a common way to attach your strings without tying a chunky knot.
Paige_1
Bracelet King
Paige_1
3 years, 8 months ago by Paige_1
You can also just separate that base string in half then do the larks head knot and twist the two halves together again
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 8 months ago by Margaron
I just add additional strings to modify the pattern for an even number 🤷🏻‍♀️