How to get the knots in perfect squares like in the pattern grid?
Thazna
Professional
Thazna
3 years, 8 months ago by Thazna
How to get the knots in perfect squares like in the pattern grid? Mine always tends to be small or big or rectangular!
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
3 years, 8 months ago by BeadGirl16
Personally, I don’t think you can get them to be perfectly square. Even people who have been knotting for years don’t have perfectly square knots. As for them being too big or small, it’s inconsistency with your knot tension and it’s something that you will learn how to control over time with practice.
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 8 months ago by rubisaa11
My knots are’t in perfect squares either. I don’t notice it too much in normal patterns, but the images in my alphas tend to look wider. It used to bother me, but I’ve gotten used to it. But you should definitely work on knot tension to make your knots equal size. Something else you could try is to make the first half of your knot tighter than the second half. This helps with the placement of the knot and may help with keeping your knots even. Hope this helps!Happy knotting😄
Thazna
Professional
Thazna
@rubisaa11 @BeadGirl16
Thank you guys!
I'll work on it
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
when knotting, the first part of the knot determines the tightness and position, while the second half secures it. you’ll want to make the first part tight enough that the bracelet isn’t loose, but not so tight that you warp the knots. it can also be if the string you’re using are different in terms of how thick they are. you’ll want to use string that’s pretty close in thickness to each other. i definitely get where you’re coming from though, i’ll see bracelets done by other people that are incredibly neat and i want to do that too! just keep practicing. good luck! 🎞🥝📀🌱
Thazna
Professional
Thazna
@jadeflwr13
Thank you so much for the help!!
nerdyesme
Bracelet King
nerdyesme
3 years, 8 months ago by nerdyesme
Make sure every thread you’re using is the same thickness!! When knotting onto the base strings with a thinner/ thicker thread, the knots tend to vary in size. hope that helps 🥀✨🍄