strings too short in normals?
madleinn
Bracelet King
madleinn
3 years, 8 months ago by madleinn
hiii! most times i cut my strings for normals super long, and have excess. but i'm so scared of what would happen if one of my strings gets too short aha. does anyone know how to add in another string// tie on another one in NORMALS? this may be a common problem loll so anything helps!
lily_j
Professional
lily_j
3 years, 8 months ago by lily_j
hii! i'm the opposite i tend to accidentally cut mine too short... basically what i do is i insert mine the same way as i would an alpha and i tie the new string onto the one i would've tied the old one onto. also masha knots has a tutorial on this in the fixing bracelet mistakes video i think : )
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
you’ll want to replace the string like how you would add in a new one in an alpha. i normally cut my string around a yard, you’d double it if you’re doing a loop though 🎠💌🎡🍓
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 8 months ago by Elise64
Masha knots has a tutorial called changing colors in a normal pattern it’s really simple you basically just put the old string behind the bracelet and then tape the new string behind and you can also use it for if you run out of string.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 8 months ago by Elise64
And also, I would normally do an arms length of string and if I will be folding it in half a wingspans length. But for a pattern I’m making #40777 the two white strings in the middle use a lot of string and I ran out. The light pink string wouldn’t use too much and the darker pink string wouldn’t either and the purple string would use not that little but not too much. The same with the blues. But I would do an average amount of string for the two strings on the right and left side and the colored strings, and then a lot for the ones in the middle. The point is that you don’t have to cut a ton of string but you can still cut enough so it won’t run out, and if there is a certain color that uses a lot you should cut more of that one
woodychiu
Bracelet King
woodychiu
3 years, 8 months ago by woodychiu
sometimes, there are threads that are of same colors but has different lengths when you repeat the pattern several times. That means the longer thread runs a route in the pattern that are less required than the shorter one. Due to the fact that, most of the time, same color threads are being knotted using f knot or b knot, I would use the fb knot or bf knot to switch their route. This can be used very oftenly if you use the straight edge technique where there are two unused thread at two side of the bracelet. You can use it to replace the shorter one when the two threads encounter each other in the pattern.

hope this helps. I find this technique very useful in saving threads.