New to making Friendship Bracelets
Bracelet66
Bracelet King
Bracelet66
3 years, 8 months ago by Bracelet66
DMC floss or other brands? Is DMC better??
BronwynB
Bracelet King
BronwynB
3 years, 8 months ago by BronwynB
I really recommend DMC because the quality is really good, although it can be expensive.
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 8 months ago by ajr725
I like DMC because of the quality and the amount of color variety they have. However, it can be kind of expensive and if your just starting out and looking for something a little cheaper I would buy a different brand
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
i use embroidery floss from michaels/ craft stores. its pretty cheap for a pack of the thread, and it works pretty well for me. i’ve personally never used dmc because i like getting the bulk packs, but i’ve heard a lot if good things about the brand. there are also big packs of thread you can order off of amazon, like 100 skeins of the thread. my string does snap sometimes when i’m knotting, but not very often. the bracelets i’ve made have held up very well through wearing and washing them 🎠💌🎡🍓
KK4eva
Bracelet King
KK4eva
3 years, 8 months ago by KK4eva
DMC is a popular brand, and is a great one, But I also recommend J and P threads. It’s pretty cheap at Walmart, also Alize yarn is beautiful and wonderful quality, hope this helps!
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 8 months ago by Fluffball
In my opinion, DMC is great and all, but not really worth the price. You can get other packs of thread for WAY cheaper on Amazon! For example, I bought a pack of 150 skeins for about $8. If I bought 150 skeins of DMC thread it would've cost almost $75. And the quality is pretty much the same!

I recommend LOVIMAG brand, it's cheap, good quality, and comes in a lot of variety.

The only thing is, when you order those big packs online, you can't choose what colors you get. This may be a downside for some, but I don't see it as a problem. Most of the colors you'll get will be very nice, a good mix of brights, pastels, and neutrals. (No black or white though, you have to order that separately) 🙂
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 8 months ago by knotnormal
I use some DMC stuff, but Prism is cheaper, and it works great
rayedesol
Bracelet King
rayedesol
3 years, 8 months ago by rayedesol
DMC and Loops & Threads are great quality and easily available (US).
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
3 years, 8 months ago by ananya123
I prefer Anchor thread!!
DaniaAhmed
Bracelet King
DaniaAhmed
3 years, 7 months ago by DaniaAhmed
Dmc and amazon thread are basically the same thing 😂 Dmc has more of a variety, produces slightly smaller knots and is more expensive. I find amazon thread more convenient since you can purchase in bulk for a cheaper price 😊