Crimp Ends
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
3 years, 8 months ago by afc610
Hey everyone!

So I recently got into using crimp ends for my bracelets, but I always have too little string to make them long enough. I usually make each string about 3 feet long but it doesn’t seem to be enough. If you’ve used crimp ends before, please let me know how long you make your strings.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate any help and advice!🙂
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 8 months ago by chkntaters
I normally hold my strings in my right hand and cut them around my left shoulder, that's about a meter long and that usually leaves me with a little extra when I'm finished knotting. I double that length if I'm making a loop but if you use crimp ends it isn't necessary.
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@chkntaters ok thx! Maybe I’ll try doing a little more than 3 feet 👍🏼
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 8 months ago by Shelly2121
I just do three feet.....maybe your leaving too much excess when you start. I normally leave an 1 1/2 inch for the crimp ends. If you think its too short, try using a clipboard and tape, i find thats the most secure way to start it. If you want, you can do 3 feet, then add a few inches so you have some excess when you start and end your bracelet. Ive inly used crimp ends in up to 14 string bracelets tho, if you make thicker designs, add an extra 1/2-1 foot. Good luck!
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
Shelly2121 ok thanks! I usually leave about 1/2 and inch excess for the crimp ends so maybe I’ll try making the strings longer👍🏼