How to add extra length to a too short background string
m4l1n
Professional
m4l1n
3 years, 8 months ago by m4l1n
I’m doing a wall hanging pattern right now and unfortunately I’m running out of my background string. Does anyone have a hint regarding YouTube videos etc, on how to add extra length to it? I’m a bit desperate as I don’t want to restart the 125 row tapestry... thanks in advance!
limelight_
Skiller
limelight_
3 years, 8 months ago by limelight_
I think you should knot more of the background color the the strings and make the knot as small as possible I hope this helps good luck girls
limelight_
Skiller
limelight_
3 years, 8 months ago by limelight_
Girly*
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 8 months ago by madeleine_
If you mean a base string, you can replace it by pulling the old base string up and behind the bracelet, taping a new base string to your workspace, and then knotting onto the new base string as if it’s already part of the bracelet. Make sure to keep it taped down until you’ve knotted at least 5-10 rows onto it
m4l1n
Professional
m4l1n
@madeleine_ yes, I meant the base string 🙂 That sounds like it’ll solve the problem!!!!! 🙈 thank you for saving my project 🙃
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
When my background string gets too short, I just treat it as though I’m adding a new string into the pattern, like for a color switch or something. Just fasten the new, longer string behind the bracelet, and then swap it with the shorter string. Then, once you’ve knotted a few rows with that string, you may cut the shorter strings off. A tip to make this look neater, though, is to use the flat alpha technique.
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 8 months ago by Clairaland
I actually have a youtube video on this subject,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K47ogYsEpyw

Hope this helps!
m4l1n
Professional
m4l1n
@nev_m_07 @Clairaland thank you for your tips. I haven’t tried it yet so I’ll definitely have yours in the back of my mind 😇☺️And thanks for the link! I’ll take a look at the video!