bracelet glue ???
laynaluv
Bracelet King
laynaluv
3 years, 8 months ago by laynaluv
hey guys , i have been putting nail polish on the back of my alphas where i cut the strings off. i was wondering if anyone knows if there are other kinds of glue that work good for securing the little ends sticking out of the back.
Addie_2010
Bracelet King
Addie_2010
3 years, 8 months ago by Addie_2010
You don’t need to use glue, because the strings don’t come undone! Hope this helps!
laynaluv
Bracelet King
laynaluv
3 years, 8 months ago by laynaluv
@Addie_2010 will they stay even after they’ve been used for a long time ?
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
they should! i’ve had a bracelet that i’ve worn for a while and washed, the strings haven’t come undone 🎠💌🎡🍓
kaviknots
Professional
kaviknots
3 years, 8 months ago by kaviknots
For some of my alpha I use shoe fix glue it sticks very welll and on drying it's not seen that the best part but one of my frnd uses the nail glue which we use to stick artificial nails
jessyka13
Professional
jessyka13
3 years, 8 months ago by jessyka13
Personally I use nail polish, but I think fabric glue might work well too!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Personally I know my strings never come undone unless I make the flat alpha end by cutting off the base strings and need a glue to seal the ends. I use clear nail polish on my bracelets but for larger bracelets or like the mandala flower I will use regular plain craft glue. I have never encountered a problem with my bracelets to the point where I needed a glue or clear nail polish its just my personal preference.
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 8 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
For my alpha bracelets I don't glue them and they don't usually come undone. I only put glue on my keychains because they get rougher use then bracelets. I use just regular craft glue and it works. 🙂
Threadhead
Professional
Threadhead
3 years, 8 months ago by Threadhead
I tend to use super glue for my bracelets, you could also use fabric glue.
emwhitt
Bracelet King
emwhitt
3 years, 8 months ago by emwhitt
I personally only use nail polish when i have to start an alpha or end it just to keep the strings flat on the back and from showing from the front. So far i haven't needed to add any type of nail polish or glue when making normal color switches, but i imagine fabric glue would work better since it is made for fabric and (in my experience) is softer when it dries so it doesnt irritate the skin as much!
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 8 months ago by jgrace
If you’re worried about them coming undone, fabric glue is meant for bending and wearing. It’s not as hard as nail polish once it dries, so it’ll prevent any poking.
jetsa_124
Bracelet King
jetsa_124
3 years, 8 months ago by jetsa_124
Don’t use nail polish it becomes scratchy. And you don’t need to use anything!! My sister has an alpha bracelet that I made her on for like a year and it hasn’t come undone at all!! As long as you tied your knots well it’ll be fine
ceg
Professional
ceg
3 years, 8 months ago by ceg
Even though threads shouldn't come undone, I tend to leave some extra string on the back and just tie the tails together so they don't come undone or stick out in the front!