Tips on helping keep the start of normal patterns straight
z_marie011
Professional
z_marie011
3 years, 8 months ago by z_marie011
Just looking for suggestions for how to keep your knots at the start of normal bracelets tight. I've been having issues with keeping the bracelet all the same width because of this and it's driving me crazy
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 8 months ago by halokiwi
I think it helps to make a shaped start like triangle ends because it gives more stability from the start.
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 8 months ago by Diana2509
I agree with @halokiwi but sometimes I don't want to add a loop or something so I just leave some space at the top to make twisted ties or braided ends later. I struggle with making the knots tight at the beginning especially when all is holding the strings together is a very loose knot and a clipboard. So a lot of times I just try to make them as tight as possible but make the first few rows a bit loose. Also, it is very helpful to use triangle ends or a teardrop loop, if possible.
rub7
Professional
rub7
3 years, 8 months ago by rub7
i recommend either trying triangle ends, a teardrop loop, or simply placing your strings in the correct order before taping them down (idk if that makes sense lol)
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
3 years, 8 months ago by ShivaniS
Make sure your bracelet is really secure/held in place! if it wiggles around, your knots will become pretty distorted too.
vosshann
Advanced
vosshann
3 years, 8 months ago by vosshann
This is the hardest thing (in my opinion) about bracelets! Obviously, the more strings you have, the harder it’s going to be. My recommendation is to start small, with only 6 or so strings (3 each side) and just try to find what works for you! I do it where I just make sure to pull them really tightly and to stay consistent with it. The first couple rows always look like a mess until I get to the 5th or 6th row and the consistent tightening of the strings helps to pull it together. This doesn’t work for a lot of people, so using a triangle end or teardrop loop are really popular. It’s just really experimenting with what you’ve seen and trying to find what you’re good at and comfortable with. It’s also going to have some trial and error so if one method doesn’t work the first time, just try again. Sit down and just go one knot at a time. If that means finding the most basic tutorial and stoping it every 5 seconds to learn it, then do that! I sure as heck did that several times before I found what worked for me... And remember, you’re learning so be patient with yourself!
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
3 years, 8 months ago by ananya123
And also remember to use the straight edge technique Masha Knots has a vid about that