Tips for improving alphas??
trinityep
Skiller
trinityep
3 years, 8 months ago by trinityep
I've been making bracelets for over a year and just started trying alphas. They look awful to say the least. My rows shift in a certain direction, the color switches are messy and bumpy, and it's a huge turn off while trying to make a bracelet. Any tips?
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 8 months ago by chkntaters
Have you tried the flat alpha technique? It should help with the bumpy colour switches. If you aren't familiar with it, Masha Knots has a really helpful tutorial on youtube. Otherwise, just keep practicing! You can't lose hope because the more you practice, the better they will look!
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
3 years, 8 months ago by kmonkey
I would also recommend you try the flat alpha technique, and you could also try making an alpha with fewer color switches to start out with and practice the basics. I would say you should make sure you are paying attention to knot tension and string thickness. Be careful to make all the knots generally the same size, as this is what can cause your rows to be uneven with each other. Good luck!
rub7
Professional
rub7
3 years, 8 months ago by rub7
i used to struggle A LOT with this, and i reccomend watching Masha Knots’s “flat alpha tutorial” on youtube. also.... practice makes progress!!!
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
3 years, 8 months ago by ShivaniS
Make sure your knots are all uniform/relatively similar, and also try to use threads of the same size/thickness. 😊
FernELM
Advanced
FernELM
3 years, 8 months ago by FernELM
I am trying my first alpha, and I am struggling a lot. 😲 😲 😲 . I know how to read the patterns, but I really do not know how to color switch neatly. I have watched Masha Knots' bracelet tutorials, and I love her videos, but her alpha one did not make any sense to me. When I try to color switch, the strings just go everywhere. I really want to learn how to make an Alpha, but I am at a loss right now. Any ideas?
FernELM
Advanced
FernELM
3 years, 8 months ago by FernELM
NVM I am going to post this as its own topic.