How!
Fliparz
Bracelet King
Fliparz
9 years, 6 months ago by Fliparz
When you first start making a large bracelet 20 strings how do you keep your strings in place for the first few rows? Any ideas?
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
9 years, 6 months ago by Mermaid12
I know that when I use a clipboard my knots are waay neater! I recently switched from using a safety pin to using a clipboard and my bracelets look so much better! Try using a clipboard, it might help keep them in place. If you REALLY need them kept it place tho, you can try using a beading loom 🙂
Fliparz
Bracelet King
Fliparz
Thanks Mermaid12, but how do you keep your knots straight and not flipped when you're on the first row? Thanks again! 🙂
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
9 years, 6 months ago by Mermaid12
I kind of know what you mean....once again I would recommend using a clipboard, and maybe take a little more time to do the knots in the first row. I really hope this helps! 😄
Finq
Skiller
Finq
9 years, 6 months ago by Finq
I'm using extra thread which I'm putting horizontally to the other threads. Pin it on both sides with safety pins and then knit every thread on it in the right order.

I wanted to add link with a picture but it counts as spam ;_;
Fliparz
Bracelet King
Fliparz
Thanks so much guys!
mmmoments
Bracelet King
mmmoments
9 years, 6 months ago by mmmoments
I use a clip board and masking tape. I turn the tape sticky side up and stick the strings to the the tape in the order of the pattern. Then I place another piece of tape over the string and clip it to the board. This keeps the string from pulling and it's nice and straight.
Fliparz
Bracelet King
Fliparz
Thanks! I'm going to have to try that!
Finq
Skiller
Finq
9 years, 6 months ago by Finq
Wow, I've never used tape. I'm going to try this next time 😉
Margaron
Margaron
9 years, 6 months ago by Margaron
I just watch when I go to tie the next row and make sure I get them adjusted so nothing rolls and everything is the right way...