sparkly yarn
Bracelet King
3 years, 9 months ago by 95033094
Any recommendations on sparkly yarn that I can find in the US besides alize yarn
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
3 years, 9 months ago by Macaron567
I found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sparkly-Colourful-Glitter-Thread-Kurtzy/dp/B01LZGZCG8/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=sparkly+yarn&qid=1597888658&sr=8-6

But I never used this so I'm not too sure if this is good for bracelets. But hopefully this helps! 🙂
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 9 months ago by Diana2509
I use this sparkly string, it is only silver and gold, but it works pretty well. Pretty sturdy but still soft at the same time. My only issue is it is a tiny bit thinner than most floss. It doesn't show in the bracelets itself, but it is noticeable while you make them. It is not the super thin thread though. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Pengxiaomei-Metallic-Thread-Jewelry-Silver/dp/B07M5CN4FD
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 9 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
I got a silver sparkly filament (like what is used in the alize yarn to make it sparkle) at Joanns in the thread section and you can add it in to any embroidery floss, yarn, craft cord, etc to make it sparkle. I hear that Claires_Wears_Spam on instagram has a tutorial on how to add it in but I have never seen/tried it to see how it works. Hope this helps🙂
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
@SC00PSAH0Y I actually tried it and it works great! 😄
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@Macaron567 do you mind explaining it for me? I dont have instagram so I cannot see how to do it so I haven’t had the guts to do it yet.
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
@SC00PSAH0Y What I do is I take the string I’m using for the bracelet then cut the string to the desired length. After that, I take the sparkly filament and cut that the same length of the string I cut. Then, I tie two tiny knots with the sparkly filament on the two ends of the string and now it’s ready
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
@SC00PSAH0Y Sorry I accidentally edently
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I recommend using the summer nights glittery colour changing crochet thread it works perfect with normal embroidery thread.
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
@SC00PSAH0Y ugh I did it again, what I was saying was that I accidentally pressed send on my phone and didn’t finish what I was going to say. After that I just use as I use any other string. Hopefully that makes sense! 😄
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
@Macaron567 ok thats what I was thinking to do but I heard that Claire used a kumihimo disk to weave it in and i was wondering if that was more effective. Thanks anyways because now at least I know that what I was going to try works 🙂
Cynthiasim
Professional
Cynthiasim
3 years, 8 months ago by Cynthiasim
Interested in trying yarns. What size do you recommend?
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 8 months ago by Clairaland
I do recommend metallic 10 Aunt Lydia's Crochet thread!