flat alpha technique
chloem15
Skiller
chloem15
3 years, 8 months ago by chloem15
Hey I have recently gotten into doing alphas and even when I watched Marsha knots tutorial on the flat alpha technique it never turns out flat and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong because hers looks so beautiful and mine is still bumpy could someone please help thanks 😊
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 8 months ago by Hazel23
You just need practice! It will get better. I learned the flat alpha technique first. Idk how to do the other one. But anyway it took me a while to master
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Maybe try reading the tutorial for the flat alpha tech unique on braceletbook. If it doesn’t help then there isn’t much anybody could do to help you
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 8 months ago by madeleine_
Make sure that you don’t pull the new leading string too hard when you do the first half of a color switch knot. Because you’re pulling from another part of the bracelet, pulling it too hard will warp the bracelet and make it bunch up. You can also try changing your knotting tension. I used to tie my knots as tight as I possibly could, but recently I’ve been tying them a little looser and my bracelets have been turning out a lot less bumpy 😊
chloem15
Skiller
chloem15
3 years, 8 months ago by chloem15
Tysm!!! This is extremely helpful thank you very much ❤️😊
Marit06
Advanced
Marit06
3 years, 8 months ago by Marit06
Hey in my Alpha bracelet my knots are oblique. Looks a little bit like a slesh (\) is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 8 months ago by Someone_
@Marit06 - Knots in Alpha's do tend to slant a little because of the direction the string is going in. You could try holding the base string straight down and taut when making your knots, and then pull your leading string straight up (Imagine a clock at the 12 and 6 positions); doing that won't stop them from slanting but it will minimise it and make them a little more straighter.