I need help pls!
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
So I knot waaay too tightly. Like so tight to the extent that I literally have cuts and blisters on my fingers from tying so tight. I tried loosening my knots, but then the bracelet had a bunch of holes in it, and by the time I was done knotting, I was still knotting too tight. I think the problem is that I’m scared that knotting looser will affect the quality of my bracelets, but I don’t think that’s a feasible thing to worry about. Any tips for better comfort when knotting or fixing knot tension? Thanks in advance! 😁
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
3 years, 8 months ago by KikiLilou
Try making the first half of the knot as tight as possible so that there are no holes and then do the second half a little looser. Like that you won't have holes, but your bracelet still isn't too tightly knotted.
rkade
Bracelet King
rkade
3 years, 8 months ago by rkade
Don’t tie it so tight but as tight as you can without hurting your fingers 😊 hope this helps!!
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
3 years, 8 months ago by srhamy28
when loosening your knot tension, you have to make sure that you still position your knots correctly. this all depends on the first half of your knot. so, when making the first half of your knot, only bring it up, don't tighten it. when you pull it tight, it tightens around the string you are knotting on, but it doesnt position it any differently. tightening it also makes it more secure, so it wont move while you are making the second half of your knot. so when making the second half of your knot, be careful, the second half does not need to be tight at all, it will still secure the first half even if it is really loose. in short, just focus on the first half of your knot. make it loose but still positioned correctly, and make sure it stays as you are making the second half of your knot. its difficult to master, but its definitely doable. it just takes a lot of practice, and its up to you if its worth it. theres nothing wrong with making tighter knots, just a preference thing. hope this helps.
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 8 months ago by madeleine_
Along with following the advice that other people have given above, I recommend doing a simple chevron and really just playing around with different knotting tensions. Don’t worry about the final product (it will probably look pretty wonky but that’s ok because it’s just for experimenting😂). Once you find a knotting tension that you think you like, you could do another simple chevron using only that specific knotting tension. This would let you get used to the new knotting tension without having to worry as much about making the pattern correctly😊
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@madeline_ I think I’ll try that since chevrons are easy and don’t need as much string. Thanks! 😁
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@srhamy28 thanks! 😊
nightknots
Professional
nightknots
3 years, 8 months ago by nightknots
As other people said just do the first half really tight and the second half looser. I used to have the same problem and I found that if u put a band aid on the spot where the string usually cuts it helps a lot😊
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 8 months ago by madeleine_
Happy to help!
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
3 years, 8 months ago by Macaron567
Maybe try and just loosen them a little and where it hurts your finger you can where a band aid there and knot like that. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. But hopefully this helps!🙂