knot tension ands tying too tight
sampuv00
Bracelet King
sampuv00
3ย years, 8ย months ago by sampuv00
So I have a problem with knot tension. I just don't seem to get it. I need someone to break it down barney-style I guess because I just don't seem to understand how to fix it. When I first started making bracelets I had holes in my patterns. Well, I don't have holes anymore but now my edges on my bracelets are warping because I think I'm pulling too tight. And that's with the straight edge technique! So this may be a stupid question, but how do you not tie too tight that the bracelet and edges warp but don't have holes. Im ready to give up on this because I feel like I've been trying to months and I just don't feel like I'm ever going to make a perfect beautiful bracelet.
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
3ย years, 8ย months ago by KikiLilou
I have exactly the same problem! I always try and make the first half of the knot as tight as possible so that there's no hole and the second half a little less tight. It happens that you will get slower first and that your tightness varies like when you started making bracelets, but with a little time you'll get used to it. Just keep attention to not make your knots too tight. I hope this helps.
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
3ย years, 8ย months ago by srhamy28
I literally just posted this in a different forum post.. hope it helps

when loosening your knot tension, you have to make sure that you still position your knots correctly. this all depends on the first half of your knot. so, when making the first half of your knot, only bring it up, don't tighten it. when you pull it tight, it tightens around the string you are knotting on, but it doesnt position it any differently. tightening it also makes it more secure, so it wont move while you are making the second half of your knot. so when making the second half of your knot, be careful, the second half does not need to be tight at all, it will still secure the first half even if it is really loose. in short, just focus on the first half of your knot. make it loose but still positioned correctly, and make sure it stays as you are making the second half of your knot. its difficult to master, but its definitely doable. it just takes a lot of practice, and its up to you if its worth it. theres nothing wrong with making tighter knots, just a preference thing. hope this helps.