Flat Alpha Technique on the Edges
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
3 years, 8 months ago by afc610
So I know how to do the flat alpha technique, but I'm really confused on how it works on the edges, because then there's a string that just sticks out. So I know @knottahti, @clairehair, and @Margaron it seems like you know how to do this so maybe you could help me with this? Thank you to everyone who responds to this! 🙂
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 8 months ago by knottahti
hi! the trick with the flat alpha technique is that it actually doesn’t work on the edges, you’re right! if you use it then strings stick out and that’s unfortunate. so you have two options: you can either just use the normal alpha method on the edges and has them be a little less secure (what most people do) OR you can try my weird method 😂 what i do is when changing colors in the edges, i make the first half of the knot with the new color, then i do the second half of the knot around both the base string AND the old color. it locks the string in similarly to the flat alpha technique but keeps it from sticking out the side. feel free to message me if you want a more thorough explanation 😁
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@knottahti oh! That's actually really smart! I'll try that out! Thank you!
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 8 months ago by knottahti
of course, i'm glad to help out!!!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 8 months ago by Margaron
I just use the regular colour change method. However, I’ve only successfully done the flat alpha technique on one bracelet 😂- the squirrel one I recently posted! Otherwise I generally use the regular method and just make it flat with practice lol
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@Margaron oh ok thank you! 😂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
It doesn’t work on the edges so for me when I need to switch the colour on the edge I know the two half’s with the string I’m using and then go on to the next row otherwise I do the flat alpha technique
ladybeeyle
Bracelet King
ladybeeyle
3 years, 8 months ago by ladybeeyle
It doesn’t work on the edges, so I use the normal method on the edges. Sometimes I add aa extra string on each side so I can make the colour switch using the flat alpha method and I don’t have to make the colour switch on the edge. Hope this helps in some way! 😊