bobbins
Monsoon
Skiller
Monsoon
3 years, 8 months ago by Monsoon
What do you use for bobbins when using very long thread like in alphas? I find the basic plastic ones hurt my hands- any ideas for more ergonomic ones?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I use cardboard or card stock. I would suggest getting a thread winder not sure the name though if you don’t already have one I don’t own one but I believe they can be extremely helpful. Cardstock doesn’t hurt me at all.
Hk14
Bracelet King
Hk14
3 years, 8 months ago by Hk14
That happens to me too so I just stopped holding the bobbin when I make alphas. Instead I just cut a long piece of string and then replace it when it runs out
saf102
Bracelet King
saf102
3 years, 8 months ago by saf102
You could also use cardboard ones or get a thread winded from amazon. Or you could also make them out of any material that would be able to handle strong around it
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 8 months ago by sockkat
I like using tatting shuttles. Clover makes some nice plastic ones. Pricier than bobbins, but more ergodynamic and has a built in pick at the end which is nice for undoing knots. The small ones will barely hold a full skein of floss so I generally prefer the large ones, but the smaller ones are somewhat easier to hold and manipulate.
ladybeeyle
Bracelet King
ladybeeyle
3 years, 8 months ago by ladybeeyle
I find it difficult with bobbins, so I cut a very long piece of string (about 2 metres). Hope this helps 🙂
Krisknots
Bracelet King
Krisknots
3 years, 8 months ago by Krisknots
If you don't have a bobbin laying around, I find that small binder clips work well! just wind the string up!