Securing Wall Hangings when working??
empalacios
Bracelet King
empalacios
3 years, 9 months ago by empalacios
Hi! So I’m making a wall hanging and I’m having trouble securing it while I’m working, does anyone have any suggestions???
(Using pattern #43206, it’s narrow but it fits my decor theme)
Thank you!!!
nelsone23
Bracelet King
nelsone23
3 years, 9 months ago by nelsone23
@empalacios Heavily tape it down to a table. I mean put TONS of tape down. Maybe even duck tape.
nelsone23
Bracelet King
nelsone23
3 years, 9 months ago by nelsone23
*duct
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 9 months ago by Margaron
I tape mine to the table, a couple of pieces over each end of the stick and then a couple close and parallel to the stick and covering the two other pieces and a few directly on the other side of the stick to prevent movement.
Marieke123
Bracelet King
Marieke123
3 years, 9 months ago by Marieke123
I also would tape it, but you can also put something very heavy on it to fix it. 😄
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
Aswell as tape, depending on the type of stick you are using you could secure it under the clip of a clipboard (if you use one).
empalacios
Bracelet King
empalacios
3 years, 9 months ago by empalacios
Thank you all!!!
Conrnelia
Bracelet King
Conrnelia
3 years, 9 months ago by Conrnelia
while i made my wall hanging i just used normal clips to clip it to a bord and feel like it woks better that take because I can't pull it ou with any force while with tape i had the problems multiple times already even with duct tape
Macaron567
Bracelet King
Macaron567
3 years, 9 months ago by Macaron567
I usually just put some tape on each side but a clipboard works just as well. Hope this will help with securing your wall hangings to your workspace! 😊
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 9 months ago by jadeflwr13
i’d put heavy tape, like duct tape, on either side of the stick to secure it down, and so it doesn’t make your thread start pilling 🎠💌🎡🍓
rayedesol
Bracelet King
rayedesol
3 years, 9 months ago by rayedesol
I use clear packing tape and secure it to my table. I put as much as I feel I need and I don't have any issues with it coming loose.
marienna07
Bracelet King
marienna07
3 years, 9 months ago by marienna07
I would start by taping it down, if you don't want to damage your table, take a piece of cardboard or clipboard. Then you can just do the same thing you normally do ( clipboard or tape).
cewdewd
Professional
cewdewd
3 years, 8 months ago by cewdewd
I usually take packaging tape and tape both ends of the wooden dowel (or whatever your wall hang is attached to) to the table and from there put as many pieces of tape as I think I need to secure it. Sometimes I have to secure the tape itself. Hope this helped.
havencfree
Bracelet King
havencfree
3 years, 8 months ago by havencfree
i use heavy duty tape (a couple of layers , as well) , and if i'm able to , i put something heavy on top . another solution is making your base stings super long , folding them over a notebook , and taping on both sides (front and back) , so that you have two layers of security : )
ritablanki
Bracelet King
ritablanki
3 years, 8 months ago by ritablanki
@empalcios This is a little different..instead of tape i wrap a pipe cleaner around the ends of the stick. Them I put the pipe cleaner part under the clipboard.
marab
Bracelet King
marab
3 years, 8 months ago by marab
you can just use tape!
bethantoby
Professional
bethantoby
3 years, 8 months ago by bethantoby
I would recommend using tape or duck tape is very secure
lizbethx
Bracelet King
lizbethx
3 years, 8 months ago by lizbethx
I have a clip board and I’m currently making a office wall hang and it’s so useful! My strings don’t move! I don’t need tape and I can keep pulling the bracelet up so I can work on it