need alpha help!!
alicesitu
Bracelet King
alicesitu
3 years, 9 months ago by alicesitu
I'm currently trying to make pattern #39760 starting with a loop into a triangle end. I've made the loop but I've been having trouble making the triangle end. I've tried several times. I've also tried using 2 different methods, the triangle end video by masha knots and one by kinsey b. However, it always turns out very messy, unorganized and the knots just always look bad. A user named lights_ash posted a photo of the pattern they did and its exactly what I'm trying to make. Any tips??
beachyknot
Professional
beachyknot
3 years, 9 months ago by beachyknot
I haven’t seen the photo but Alex’s innovations tutorial really helped me out!
veroisa15
Bracelet King
veroisa15
3 years, 9 months ago by veroisa15
try to keep every string organized and when you start making the knot try to tie the knot hard hope this help
Syd_uwu
Bracelet King
Syd_uwu
3 years, 9 months ago by Syd_uwu
Any tips to make your alphas better in any way?
brace_love
Professional
brace_love
3 years, 9 months ago by brace_love
I’ve noticed that when there is a row in the pattern where a color is isolated and only used for one knot meaning you have to go back to color switching again cause it will only be used once but the problem for me is when I have done all the switching, the knot that has only one color by itself appears thinner than the other knots and I cannot find a way to fix that. I’m thinking it’s the string I use which is dmc. I’m really bad at explaining things but I hope I can get some tips !
Marieke123
Bracelet King
Marieke123
3 years, 9 months ago by Marieke123
For me it's the easiest way to separate the strings in groups. That helps me to organise them much better. Then I would recommend you to watch a tutorial while knotting. Then I can see how things are running in the video and I can do the same. 😊
Marieke123
Bracelet King
Marieke123
3 years, 9 months ago by Marieke123
I´m not sure if you meant that loop. But for me that video was very helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=514N9owtKRA

And there is one additinally with tips and hints on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7rwAP9jvI
CHMGURL
Professional
CHMGURL
3 years, 9 months ago by CHMGURL
@alicesitu I also try and separate my strings into groups, sometimes I even have to place my book (I binder clip my bracelets onto books to secure them—I know, it’s weird) on the floor and spread all the strings out to keep them organized just when I start a bracelet
AfriadKnot
Professional
AfriadKnot
3 years, 9 months ago by AfriadKnot
I just make my first ever alpha--a rag rug bracelet, and I'm looking to make a keychain alpha next. What kind of keychain would you recommend looking for? I found some d-ring clips that look promising on Amazon, but I am not sure what to choose.