normal bracelets bending?
grmichel
Advanced
grmichel
3 years, 9 months ago by grmichel
I’ve been making bracelets for a while now, and it’s gotten a lot less noticeable, but I can see that most of my normal bracelets bend in some way. It looks really wonky and I want to know how I can fix it. Thank you!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
some of mine do but I know that some patterns will naturally bend and curl because of the knot structure which includes candy stripes and other patterns too. my suggestion would be to either flat iron or iron your bracelets to help flatten them out.
grmichel
Advanced
grmichel
**my bracelets are bending to one side, they aren’t straight
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
yeah but ironing will help also maybe one side has tighter knot tension then the other side?
grmichel
Advanced
grmichel
yea I think it may be that, I think I started switching up the way I did my backwards knots and that is probably why. Thank you so much! (I will also be using the ironing for my bracelets that are bending like that)
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
glad I could help! but maybe add a layer of something in between the iron and bracelet so it doesn't fade the colors or burn the bracelet, etc.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
If the bracelets are curling as you are knotting you could try the straight edges technique (if you aren't already), you just add another string to either side of the bracelet, and on the far right string you make forward-backward knots & on the far left string you make backward-forward knots only. There are limitations to doing this, but MashaKnots has a great tutorial on it.
If you are doing that, and they are still curling slightly it could be the way you are pulling the strings on that side, so changing the way you knot (on that side) will help. You could also try holding the bracelet down with your finger, and then grabbing the strings and just pull them in the opposite direction that it is curling; sometimes just giving them a little 'wiggle' helps (or at least it does for me).