tightness when tying
MozzaStix
Professional
MozzaStix
3 years, 9 months ago by MozzaStix
How tight do you normally tie your strings?
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 9 months ago by Knots_EM
Quite tight
MozzaStix
Professional
MozzaStix
3 years, 9 months ago by MozzaStix
@Knots_EM when I tie it tight it kinda curls like it’s not flat. How do you stop that from happening?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
For Normals I do mine tight enough so that the knots sit firmly against the previous and so there is no gaps.
For Alpha's I do my knots slightly slacker.

If your bracelet doesn't lay flat, you could iron or flat iron the bracelet once you are done. If you do this, then make sure to protect the bracelet with a piece of fabric. 🙂
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 9 months ago by Rg_Knots
I tie my knot quite tight. Sometimes though, when I see my bracelet is turning out a little wonky, I just loosen my knots. To make your bracelets flat, Use the straight edges technique, flat alpha technique or put a book (or any heavy object on your bracelet). I hope this helps! 🙂
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
mine are very very stiff when i make them
gioom
Advanced
gioom
3 years, 9 months ago by gioom
The tighter the stiffer.... loosen up a little bit
knoty-knot
Bracelet King
knoty-knot
3 years, 9 months ago by knoty-knot
@MozzaStix try doing the first few rows slightly looser not to looser but slightly then tighten up but make sure the bracelet is consistent through out so ur bracelet comes out flat and straight hope this may help 👍 👍
Rose_90
Bracelet King
Rose_90
3 years, 9 months ago by Rose_90
I tie mine mine pretty tight.
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 9 months ago by jadeflwr13
i do my knots so that way they’re tight enough for there to not be any gaps, but not so tight that the knots flip. i prefer my bracelets to be on the stiff side, but i know others like to make looser knots so their bracelets aren’t as stiff. just make sure to keep your knotting consistent so the bracelet looks uniform 🧷🌊💫🌸
stayweird
Bracelet King
stayweird
3 years, 9 months ago by stayweird
I do mighn tight anough so loose but I can still make them stand up
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 9 months ago by stewon6969
I tie my knots tighter than most people
kiaraxmag
Advanced
kiaraxmag
3 years, 9 months ago by kiaraxmag
do them tight enough so there isn't holes in your bracelet, but i've heard of people's threads snapping because of the knots being to tight
mills23
Professional
mills23
3 years, 9 months ago by mills23
I try to make them pretty tight for normals to try preventing holes, and for alphas I like to make them a bit looser.