Wonky Alphas
mmorrow
Skiller
mmorrow
3 years, 9 months ago by mmorrow
When I make alpha patterns instead of being a nice and straight rectangle, they kinda have a slight hourglass shape. I think it’s happening when my not base strings( I forgot what they’re called😂) move from one side to another and they kinda cinch in the middle. Please help!!!
mmorrow
Skiller
mmorrow
And sometimes it’s not necessarily a hourglass but it either bulges or cinches in certain spots. I hope that’s descriptive enough.
eedeetv
Bracelet King
eedeetv
3 years, 9 months ago by eedeetv
I'm not sure what you mean by 'cinch' (you might've meant pinch?) but by the description it seems like your knots are too tight. Try to make them looser! 🙂
mmorrow
Skiller
mmorrow
Honestly I’m not sure what i was trying to write. Thank you though. I’ll try that.
eee34932
Advanced
eee34932
3 years, 9 months ago by eee34932
Make sure that you are tying your knots with the same amount of tightness if that makes sense. If you make some knots loose and some tight, the bracelet will look wonky. 🙂
EBPacker2
Bracelet King
EBPacker2
3 years, 9 months ago by EBPacker2
Sometimes it depends on the type of style your alpha is, and the string you use. If you make a normal pattern the thickness of the string doesn't really matter, but if you make an alpha the string really matters. Sometimes if a knot is too big it will cause you bracelet to warp, and if the string is too small it may also do the same. Even though the string may look the same thickness sometimes the knots will turn out differently, and that is why I usually use the same brand for one alpha. Also if you use the flat alpha technique along with the straight alpha technique will help
mmorrow
Skiller
mmorrow
Thank you all for the advice, I will be trying this.
C_KNOTS_C
Bracelet King
C_KNOTS_C
3 years, 9 months ago by C_KNOTS_C
ik how to change colours but its a bit hard and complicated. 😭 😭 😭