holes/spaces in normal patterns
xojenz
Bracelet King
xojenz
3 years, 9 months ago by xojenz
(not a beginner) I never struggle with alphas but for some reason I just can't do normal patterns omg 😤 I get holes in them, like if I make a knot, the second knot in that row comes out like spaced out so they look separate. idk why im having this problem, can someone give me some advice?
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 9 months ago by awesome563
That often happened to me when I didn’t realize segment knotting but you could also consider holding down your bracelets differently like using tape instead of a clipboard or try using a safety pin.
angeldior
Bracelet King
angeldior
3 years, 9 months ago by angeldior
from what i know, in alphas you usually pull the string upwards (i rarely make alphas). however in normal patterns i always pull in the direction of the knot. for example, if i needed to do a forward know i would pull to the right. if it were a backward forward i would pull in the direction portrayed by the second knot. in that case, it’s forward. also make sure you’re holding your base string tightly, which i’m sure you’re already doing because that’s crucial in alphas! good luck!!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
When you’re doing a normal pattern row-by-row, that’s how they usually look when you’re in the middle of a row or you just finished a row. If you find that you still have noticeable holes in your bracelet once it’s done, you should make sure to tie your knots tightly, especially the first half of the knot, and to keep tour knotting tension consistent. I also highly recommend segment knotting instead of doing the row-by-row method