Bumpy Knots in Alphas
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
3 years, 9 months ago by afc610
Whenever I knot alphas the background is flat, but the other colors always stick out and are uneven if that makes sense, like how do I make it flat like @clairehair’s or @knottahti’s? I’ve tried watching Masha knots flat alpha technique but....

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 9 months ago by knottahti
hi there! i’m glad that you like my alphas 😊 one thing that helps me a TON is 1) using the flat alpha technique, but more importantly 2) make sure that your unused loose leading strings in the back are not too tight. it’s hard to explain, but i’ll try! say you have a background color you use on the right side, and then again on the left (as with most alphas). you need to make sure that when you have that string going across the back it is not super tight, because it causes all the knots in between to bunch up together!
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 9 months ago by knottahti
if you have more questions feel free to message me!
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 9 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
When my bracelets are bumpy sometimes it take my flat iron and lightly iron them. You might want to put a cloth on it so it dosent burn the string, but my flat iron doesn’t get super hot and burn it.
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@Lizzie_Ann ok thanks!
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@knottahti ok thank you! I will👍🏼
sheepie
Bracelet King
sheepie
3 years, 9 months ago by sheepie
I iron mine then squash them with a few encyclopaedias and books, it’s an unusual method, but works well enough for me.
double_a
Professional
double_a
3 years, 9 months ago by double_a
The first alpha I made, I didn't use the straight edges technique- and the background was flat but the rest was bumpy. When I made an alpha WITH the straight edges technique, I found that the bracelet itself was relatively flat. Try using the straight edges technique when you are making alphas, see if that helps with the bumps.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 9 months ago by stewon6969
This may sound funny but I like to put something heavy on my bracelet! Like a book or a piece of wood! It flattens it so that it looks like your knots are very flat!
kikikittie
Skiller
kikikittie
3 years, 9 months ago by kikikittie
1) make sure all the strings you are using make the same size of tie. Like say if you are using DMC and craft thread together, that wouldn’t work because they make different sizes of ties. 2) as @knottahti said, try not to make the string so tight.
kikikittie
Skiller
kikikittie
3 years, 9 months ago by kikikittie
3) using the straight edge teqniue helps so much with making the bracelet more neat.
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 9 months ago by Rg_Knots
I put a book (or any heavy object) on bracelets that curling or are not flat. I hope this helps! 🙂
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
@sheepie, @double_a, @stewon6969, @kikikittie, @Rg_Knots thanks so much you guys! I watched the video again and I turns out I want doing the technique out🤦🏻‍♀️ but thank you anyway for your help!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 9 months ago by stewon6969
Anytime!