not being able to add try variations
gazgirl202
Professional
gazgirl202
3 years, 10 months ago by gazgirl202
Hey! So I've been on bracelet book for awhile now and one of my favorite features is that you can use the variation feature to try out different colors before you commit to a color scheme. Yesterday I was trying out lots of different color combinations and I got a pop up saying that I couldn't test anymore variations because I wasn't a high enough rank and that I could test more tomorrow. This was frustrating since I wasn't submitting any variations I was just trying different colors and I'm a professional rank but it only let me test out maybe 8 different combinations. But I understood and waited until the next day to try again. But even 24 plus hours later it still won't let me try different colors and that's frustrating because I'm making the bracelet for a friend and she wanted to see the colors together before I went and made the bracelet. So if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong or if it's my computer or something that would be great. Thanks so much in advance!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
Hmm, it sounds like there might be a bug or something. The limit for everyone (regardless of rank) is 5, and it’s based on 24-hour intervals. So basically if you’ve clicked the “add a variation” button five times in the last 24 hours, you need to wait until 24 hours after the fifth most recent time you clicked the button (if that makes sense). But if it’s been 24 hours, then you should be able to add another variation, so I’m not sure what’s going on there
Ate_Trisha
Bracelet King
Ate_Trisha
3 years, 10 months ago by Ate_Trisha
Its probably just a bug that needs to be fixed so if the @Admin could fix it?
HelaZ
Bracelet King
HelaZ
3 years, 10 months ago by HelaZ
I totally agree. I use Variations to decide which color combination I'm going to use. There shouldn't be a limit on that, since there's nothing to moderate.
If you're submitting your variations though, I have no problem with the limit of 5. I never submit that many in 1 day anyway.
I hope the @Admin would consider.
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
the reason for the limit is that variations are grouped with patterns when they are being reviewed, and the moderators have to sift through literally thousands of patterns and variations per day. i feel like there should be a limit, because then the moderators will have less to review. however, i do agree that there have been issues with the limit and there should be some modifications. while i personally have not reached my limit yet, the times you click "submit variation" should be counted and not the times you click "add variation." that way you can continue to experiment with different color combinations, but you don't have to submit it for review. from what you described, though, it seems like a bug. users should be able to make more variations after the 24 hour period. i suggest you message a moderator about this because admin is currently focusing more on his full-time job and doesn't have time to be answering messages. i hope this clears things up for you! 🙂
gazgirl202
Professional
gazgirl202
3 years, 10 months ago by gazgirl202
Thanks so much for everyone's help! I shut down and restarted my computer a couple times and that seemed to do that trick. Also I'm sorry if I came off crabby in my initial post I was just a little frustrated. I totally understand that the moderators are super busy and I def appreciate all the time and work they put into this app. With that being said, I also agree with everyone else in saying that it stinks that even if you don't submit a variation it still counts as a try because I make bracelets for other people and it's always nice to send a rough draft of the pattern to see if they like the colors. Or sometimes I just want to try again and use a different shade of a color so it stinks that that also counts as a try.