Being able to block users should be added to bb
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I really hope someday the option to block certain users will be added to braceletbook.
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
I think that would be a great feature so then you don't have to contact the admin or a mod to tell them whats going on so then you can just fix it yourself on here instead of having to go and bother them.
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 9 months ago by Faye102
So what wouldn’t show up? Obviously they wouldn’t be able to message you but would you see them on the forum and if they post a pattern would you see said pattern in recent patterns.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Faye102 well usually when you block someone they cannot see your content or reply to any of your comment so on forums or patterns. If it were possible on bracelet book you would probably be able to stop someone from seeing you pop up in the first place of braceletbook.
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 9 months ago by Hazel23
I can’t agree with this more. There are some very nasty people on the chat and at this point I wish I could unsee what I saw. Someone please consider
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Hazel23 I know! I might be a little mean at times but I never go too far and some of the things I’ve experienced on here just make me upset when I think of them. I’m so glad to see you commenting on a lot of forums!
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@2006_ Mandy thank you! It’s payed off just became bracelet king this morning 🥳
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
Also don’t look at the chat😑
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Hazel23 Actually already? Wow congrats and what chat?
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
The one on bb
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
It’s bad
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
Really really bad
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
Oh and yeah I’ve been on the app for 2 months. Just started talking to people more tho
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
I think they just got deleted because they were reported many times
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
Anyway have a nice day🙂
Kyraiskool
Bracelet King
Kyraiskool
3 years, 9 months ago by Kyraiskool
I personally think that the block feature should only be for communication stuff. I mean sure there are going to be plenty of people that abuse the rating system and rate every pattern someone makes 1 star but then what's stopping someone from doing anyone that rates their pattern 1 star? Or blocking anyone that rates anything under 5 stars? I just feel like it could be abused to manipulate ratings too easily.

If a user gets blocked they should still be able to see patterns made by you but can't comment on it. Also if you comment in the forum/chat they wouldnt be able to see your comments either. With the whole patterns thing I think that users should still be able to see patterns made by whoever blocked them but they can't interact with the account at all. For example if a person you blocked saw your pattern on the pattern page, they can what you posted but they can't go to your profile from said pattern.
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 9 months ago by Faye102
@Kyraiskool I feel like they should still be able to go on your profile though. I would be scared of some person blocking me for some random reason even though I really like their patterns. I think people should still be able to go onto their profile but like you said can’t comment or message on them.
Kyraiskool
Bracelet King
Kyraiskool
3 years, 9 months ago by Kyraiskool
@Faye102 true true. I didnt think about that. I just figured that'd prevent the person that got blocked from going down their patterns list and giving them one stars but now that i think of it it probably wouldn't be as common of a thing as im thinking it is
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Faye102 yes that what I should have said blocking would mean them not being to interact with them that way they can still access your content they just cannot communicate with you.
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 9 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
Great idea! Because basically anyone can make an account that means ANYONE can make an account. (Well obvi but I am going somewhere I promise) Non bracelet makers or people that have no interest in bracelets have a chance to troll, be creepy, and other things as well as comment, chat, in the forums, and submit patterns and photos which could possibly be really nasty. Maybe if there was a block feature they can not message you, tag you (it would just be crossed out like what happens if the username is wrong or doesn’t exist), or comment under your pattern or forum post. And the person who blocked said user couldn’t do them either. The admin is pretty busy right now and does have a job and like himself so it might not happen right now but maybe he will add it to the list of website/app improvements or whatever the list is. Also you should be able to unblock incase you accidentally block someone~It would be bound to happen. @Admin 🙂