comments on political pattern
enaka24
Professional
enaka24
3 years, 10 months ago by enaka24
As some of you may have noticed the comments on political patterns don’t seem to “add value to the community”. They are usually hateful and controversial. I feel like, if its possible, comments should be turned off from controversial patterns to avoid arguing and hateful words. The point of bracelet book is to make patterns not fight about the pattern topic in the comments.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Yes I agree people should be able to post their opinions and still feel welcome if others don’t agree they should move on and not negatively comment. I hope this can happen at some point
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
exactly i totally agree with you!!! i think @Admin and the moderators should have a way to disable comments on controversial political patterns 🙂
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 10 months ago by Faye102
That would be considered censorship and the admin has posted a message stating that BraceletBook doesn’t support censorship.
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 10 months ago by poplianna
I like this idea but I think it would be better to just not accept political patterns I’ve been on this site for 2 or 3 years now and it’s only becoming a problem now I don’t personally care about having political patterns but they say they don’t accept patterns that spout hate but when they accept patterns like that it does create hate and people tend to be very mean to the creator and other people who are on that side
yurchenko9
Bracelet King
yurchenko9
3 years, 10 months ago by yurchenko9
I feel like those who are commenting hate should just move on. There will always be things in life you don't agree with, so instead of wasting your time on something you hate spend it on things you like. we can get along even if we don't agree with each other completely.
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 10 months ago by poplianna
@yurchenko9 yes we can’t really get anywhere if people don’t move on and accept people’s own opinion it shouldn’t matter
KK4eva
Bracelet King
KK4eva
3 years, 10 months ago by KK4eva
Though turning off the comments on patterns like that is a good idea, I think that political patterns shouldn’t be accepted at all, instead of being beneficial to the community they cause problems and fights often occur from those. I am often curious as to why those patterns are accepted
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 10 months ago by knottahti
it might be nice if the creator of the pattern had the option to turn off their own comments if they don’t want to have a debate break out. then it wouldn’t be censorship, just their own personal choice!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
@knottahti That’s a really good idea!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@KK4eva well turning off comments would make that part of controversy go away because that way only people who like the pattern can use it and everybody else can move on.
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
@knottahti that is a great idea!!!
Ate_Trisha
Bracelet King
Ate_Trisha
3 years, 10 months ago by Ate_Trisha
yes please. I know that everyone has their opinions about their views but I feel bad for the creator who created the "controversial" pattern. I think It should be up to the creator to turn off the comment for the pattern. @Faye102 i agree with you that turning off the comments is considered censorship. But I really do think I should be a thing to turn off the comments but it would be the CREATOR'S choice to turn it off.
Ate_Trisha
Bracelet King
Ate_Trisha
@knottahti yes exactly (srry I didn't read your comment before posting mine)
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 10 months ago by knottahti
@madeleine_ @arf820 @Ate_Trisha thank you guys! i’m glad you like my idea haha
Ajessmess
Professional
Ajessmess
3 years, 10 months ago by Ajessmess
I really feel that political patterns shouldnt be accepted. If they want to make the pattern for themselves they can generate it and use it from the generator and if compelled to do so they can screenshot/post it on their own social media. It just brings too much conflict to the website in my opinion.
Ate_Trisha
Bracelet King
Ate_Trisha
@Ajessmess but if a political pattern isn't accepted it could be considered censorship as it is the creator's political view.
Ate_Trisha
Bracelet King
Ate_Trisha
I hope you get what I mean
KK4eva
Bracelet King
KK4eva
3 years, 10 months ago by KK4eva
@Ajessmess I totally agree, tuning off comments is a good idea, I’ll admit that. But being honest it doesn’t avoid the problem completely. Their are others ways people can share their opinions, and sometimes it can be hurtful
Puppys
Professional
Puppys
3 years, 10 months ago by Puppys
I agree but maybe they should just stop making political patterns. I mean isn’t bracelet book a site that ur sopose to be a community