Can anyone help me create a pattern??
lady-caden
Advanced
lady-caden
3 years, 9 months ago by lady-caden
Hello! So I am relatively new to this site, and I can’t yet seem to make patterns how I want to. Would anyone be able to make an alpha pattern of the symbol from the book The Raven Boys? I am trying to make this a bookmark so i didn’t want it huge and I wanted to see if anyone more skilled than me could be successful at making a small version of it! It’s three slashes roughly making the shape of a triangle. If you look up “The Raven Boys symbol “ you’ll find it! Thank you so much to anyone who wants to help!!
aa7648
Bracelet King
aa7648
3 years, 9 months ago by aa7648
Sorry I would love to help, but I’m currently a little busy (and I’m also not that great a making alphas) but a tip I have it to draw it out on graph paper, like just color in the squares. It’s much easier to work with in my opinion and then when you are happy with the pattern you can just type in the letter row by row. Hope this helps 🙂
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 9 months ago by nev_m_07
There’s also a section called alpha from photo where you can upload a photo and instantly turn it into a pattern. You can even choose the size of the pattern so that it is easier for you to make. Even if there’s a lot of colors in the design, only put it to 4 or 5 colors or else it will add to many. Once you can somewhat see the design, go to draw alpha and touch it up manually. Once you’re happy with it, click submit to site so your pattern can be reviewed by the moderator. Or if you don’t want to make it public, you can just find it in you create patterns section and make it for yourself. Hope this helps!!! 🙂🙂
KK4eva
Bracelet King
KK4eva
3 years, 9 months ago by KK4eva
I believe you could make this yourself m, my advice to you would be to draw it out first but is dots untamed of lines. Alpha are easier so use the exact colors you want then give each color a letter than copy your drawing onto the pattern generator. I realize this may be a little confusing so feel free to PM me for more information, but I hope this helps!
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 9 months ago by Cirivere
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/74_how-to-tweak-patterns/

this tutorial also shows how to handle patterns made from photos a bit
EWL
Bracelet King
EWL
3 years, 9 months ago by EWL
How do you add patterns?
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
@EWL you can only create patterns on the website, not the app. basically you just log in to the website, hover your mouse over your profile pic, and click “create pattern.” then you can choose whether you want to make a normal or an alpha pattern. after you make your pattern, enter in your keywords and click the checkbox that says that you have not copied another person’s pattern. then click submit and wait a couple days until a moderator reviews it! hope that helps! 🙂
emisstuff
Professional
emisstuff
3 years, 9 months ago by emisstuff
I got you! how many strings would you like it to be?
lady-caden
Advanced
lady-caden
3 years, 9 months ago by lady-caden
@emisstuff Oh it doesn’t matter as long as it’s not too thick! I’m trying to make it a bookmark and not a total square lol. So if if you can, less than 20! But anything is fine! Thank you!
watever
Bracelet King
watever
3 years, 9 months ago by watever
You can do alpha from photo and then tweak it
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 9 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
I could make the pattern! Just let me know how big you want it and I can help
jetsa_124
Bracelet King
jetsa_124
3 years, 9 months ago by jetsa_124
@okbeky does customizable patterns I believe
okbeky
Bracelet King
okbeky
3 years, 9 months ago by okbeky
@jetsa_124 is right!! I do make custom patterns and it's free lol : )
lady-caden
Advanced
lady-caden
3 years, 8 months ago by lady-caden
@okbeky omg would you be able to help me with my problem then by any chance?? (sorry my reply is late, i dropped my phone in water asdghkl)
okbeky
Bracelet King
okbeky
3 years, 8 months ago by okbeky
@lady-caden id love to 😇