normal pattern grid
lowahs
Professional
lowahs
3 years, 9 months ago by lowahs
Hei, I've a suggestion to make it easier for us to make new patterns.

I was wondering if it's possible to have the option to use a grid for normal patterns, where we can fill the squares with colors to make sketches of patterns.
It's just so that we can get some new ideas for bracelets (i really don't know if the message was understandable ahahah).

Following there is a link to which kind of grid i'm talking about.

http://www.quiltingstencils.com/assets/images/QG-03.jpg
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 9 months ago by halokiwi
That's a cool idea. I mostly use graph paper to do this because if you turn it 45 degrees it has the same structure as the grid in the picture. You could also use a photo editing or drawing software and draw on the grid in the picture.

Transferring a sketch like this into a normal pattern is something you have to do manually anyways because you have to figure out how the strings need to move and which knots you have to do. Sometimes there are several different options. Sometimes it turns out to not be possible.
GOODVIBE
Bracelet King
GOODVIBE
3 years, 9 months ago by GOODVIBE
i believe masha knots and @Admin are actually working on that she has a video on it, basically she had to write a dissertation and she did it on friendship bracelets in which she also had to make something to like benefit us. im not exactly sure if you want to know in more detail you can check out her video i believe its called "i wrote my dissertation on friendship bracelets"
lowahs
Professional
lowahs
3 years, 9 months ago by lowahs
yes, I've seen her video, but since we don't know when the new pattern generator will come out n the meanwhile we could at least have a sketch grid just to have a little more fun making patterns hehehhehe.

But I hope the new generator come out soon *-*
soph_lax
Bracelet King
soph_lax
3 years, 9 months ago by soph_lax
Being able to sketch out patterns on here would be really helpful!