Replacing One Star Ratings
isabellarm
Bracelet King
isabellarm
3 years, 12 months ago by isabellarm
I’ve been looking through the forums and a lot of people (including me) have said that the rating system has only created more problems for them. There’s really no reason that someone should be receiving a 1 star rating, and I think it’d be much more useful if there was a report button instead, where you can anonymously write your complaints in for the pattern.
alphabird
Bracelet King
alphabird
3 years, 11 months ago by alphabird
I think you could message @Admin
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
i think that would be a great idea @Admin because there have been so many issues with people rating patterns one star lately. in addition to the report button i think the “love” feature should be added on the app as well. to me the “love” feature is a better system than the rating system because you don’t have the option to, say, “dislike” a pattern. rating a pattern 1 star is like pressing a “dislike” button if there was one in addition to the “love” button. i mostly use the app and i think a lot of people would really appreciate the “love” feature being added to the app. and yes i do agree that a report button will be useful because it would be anonymous and it will express criticism for the pattern without rating it 1 star. great idea @isabellarm!
AriaKnots
Bracelet King
AriaKnots
3 years, 11 months ago by AriaKnots
I completely agree as much as I like to know people like my patterns I don't think it's right to give people one star ratings. People spend a lot of time and effort making the pattern only to have someone give them a one star rating! It drives me crazy sometimes!
Admin
Administrator
Admin
3 years, 11 months ago by Admin
Hello guys 🙂 We will be replacing the whole rating system in the future by a 'like-based' system that you can see on other social sites. That also means we will get rid of all the low ratings that patterns are currently getting 🙂.
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 11 months ago by JCai1998
There’s a confederate flag pattern and it got almost 1 1/2 stars. I don’t understand how it got accepted into the site, but it did.
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
Just went back and checked and that pattern is gone now. So, that one example of why patterns get 1 star ratings, because it could offend other people.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
@JCai1998 lgbt related patterns get 1 star ratings by homophobes and black lives matter patterns get 1 star ratings by people who are against the movement. It's not just patterns that are obviously problematic because they are hateful that are on the receiving end.
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
That’s sad. ☹️ And also that’s very sh*tty of them that they want to get rid of LGBTQ+ and BLM related patterns.
isabellarm
Bracelet King
isabellarm
3 years, 11 months ago by isabellarm
@JCai1998 there was a confederate flag pattern? That’s absolutely disgusting! How did it get accepted??
isabellarm
Bracelet King
isabellarm
@JCai1998 yup, there have been multiple accounts with blue lives matter flags as their pfps that have rated all my patterns 1 star all because of my pattern #38709
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
yup... there were i think three confederate flag patterns. two older ones and one that got accepted yesterday. i have no clue how they all got accepted. the one that got accepted yesterday was the first pattern on the hottest patterns page for awhile because so many people were commenting and rating it. thankfully, they all got deleted!
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
@isabellarm I not exactly sure but it was old, like over 5 years ago old. BraceletBook policies have probably changed a lot since then. The user who made it, tagged it as the “rebels flag”. 😬🤦🏻‍♀️ Like wtf!?
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
@isabellarm you said “blue lives matter”.
isabellarm
Bracelet King
isabellarm
@JCai1998 wdym?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
I think @JCai1998 might be confused about blue lives matter flags. But that has happened on my black lives matter too. When I checked the person who gave a one star rating they had a blue lives matter flag.