What is alpha
redyellow
Advanced
redyellow
3 years, 11 months ago by redyellow
I keep looking through and i see alpha bracelet patterns. Whats this difference?? Does it mean the bracelet is difficult to make???
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 11 months ago by Knots_EM
For an alpha you have base strings that you tie onto with a leading string and don't get seen. They are mainly for pictures and letters. They aren't necessarily harder than normal patterns, just different. If you want to have a go I recommend checking out the Masha knots video
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
Instead of knotting in diagonals like for a normal pattern you knot it rows when doing an alpha. There are two types of strings. The base strings are the strings you knot onto. The leading string is the string you make knots with. The colour of the leading string determines the colour of the knot. Due get a different colour you fold the previous leading string behind the bracelet and put a new leading string in its place.

The name of the alpha bracelets comes from the fact that they are originally used to make bracelets with letters on them but you can do literally anything with them because there aren't any limitations regarding colours like there are for normal bracelets.
Tango27
Bracelet King
Tango27
3 years, 11 months ago by Tango27
To me Alphas are easier actually! I learned by watching a masha knots tutorial on how to make Alphas! That explains simply!
redyellow
Advanced
redyellow
3 years, 11 months ago by redyellow
Thanks you soo much🙂