how many knots field
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1ย month ago by kpn
so ik you can figure out how many knots are in a bracelet by multiplying the dimensions, but i think it'd be much more efficient to add a field that says how many knots are in a bracelet. sometimes, people want a bracelet/alpha with 1500 knots or less, for example. you can change the amt of strings you want in a bracelet in the search option, but there's no telling how many knots will be in each bracelet. if there was a way to narrow it down to say i want a pattern with 1000-1400 knots, i think that'd be much easier than scrolling through all patterns with 25 strings or wtv and looking for a properly sized one. i think this would be fairly easy to add bc all you have to do is add it to the pattern details automatically and the dimensions can be multiplied by the app on their own. anyways this is just another idea i have but it's cool if it isn't possible to add rn (:
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1ย month ago by EggMan
I think maybe adding a # of rows option would be a bit more useful, since rows are already a criterion, and it's a bit more specific.

Say I want a pattern that's around 20x20. I put in 380โ€“420 stitches. I can get patterns that are 10x40, 15x26, 12x35 and a bunch of other dimensions. Even if I put in 400 stitches exactly, I can still get patterns that are the wrong dimensions for my needs, and the bigger the number of stitches, the wider the range for the dimensions. In contrast, if I put in 18-22 string over 18โ€“22 rows, I get a range of patterns that are much closer to my wants.

Rows are also used to measure both normal and alpha patterns, while number of stitches is less reflective of normal patterns, which are repeating, so the number of stitches in a finished piece is different depending on who's making it.

I've actually been thinking about this for a little while, too, so I'm really glad you've brought this up.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1ย month ago by kpn
@EggMan oh that's quite interesting
Mollie_170
Advanced
Mollie_170
1ย month ago by Mollie_170
I agree with this
Mollie_170
Advanced
Mollie_170
1ย month ago by Mollie_170
I agree with this
alligator6
Professional
alligator6
2ย weeks ago by alligator6
I really like this idea and think it would be helpful. Another thing I thought of that doesn't really go with this but somewhat could is if there was something that showed how many knots of each color string there were on a pattern. I feel like this would be helpful for alphas but for example, it listing that there are 97 red knots, 16 green, 82 blue, and only 1 white knot or in a specific pattern. I don't know if it'd be all that useful, but I like the idea of it and it could help with knowing how much of each type of string is needed for the alpha.