"Enter Page Number" Option
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 3 weeks ago by EggMan
I think it would be really awesome to have a feature that allowed jumping to specific pages. Some sections of the site (particularly the patterns and photos sections) have so very many pages in them, which leads to a lot of patterns and pictures getting buried in the "center of the pack", so to speak. There are hundreds if not thousands of patterns that, even when sifting using various criteria, will likely never be seen again. Realistically speaking, no one is going to manually tap their way to page 100 of patterns found under "zigzag".

I am aware that page numbers can be manually entered through the link line at the top of the browser, but that is not a very instinctive thing. Effects of mass automatisation and whatnot. Also, the app isn't on a browser.

In short, I would love to have a built-in feature that allowed to go to specific pages, particularly in the "patterns" section of the website.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
Before I finished reading, I was immediately thinking of just editing the link. It's definitely intuitive to me and it also seems to be to you (based on the fact that you suggested it). I'm aware that not everyone knows their way around the Internet as well as we do 😉 but I think most people will be able to do this, if you just tell them how.
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 2 weeks ago by EggMan
@halokiwi I only realized about the link as I was writing the post, and I'm not even that young of an internet user (less experienced than other people in my age group, yes, but that's not the point right now). I'll accept it if the feature will never be implemented, but should I maybe make a tutorial for this? It shouldn't be that hard to do, right? Will that be helpful for a wider audience?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
Yes, I think a tutorial will be useful. Maybe a tutorial on how to search for patterns in general with that as an extra hint. I think a tutorial only on this specific thing might be a little short. I think it might be especially useful to younger users, who are very used to the comfort of apps, but don't really know their way around the Internet.
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 2 weeks ago by EggMan
@halokiwi Awesome! I'll make it! It'll likely take some time, but in the next few weeks, for sure.