Online/active icon next to our pf??
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
2 months ago by pablotimon
If we could have like an online/active/not active thing next to our pf like google chat so we know when to message ppl etc?? That’d be so helpful in my opinion
Cow29
Professional
Cow29
1 month, 4 weeks ago by Cow29
Omgg yess

Like Duolingo has a little green dot
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
1 month, 4 weeks ago by pablotimon
Yessss!! @Cow29
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 month, 4 weeks ago by EdenB
I asked abt something like this once but people told me things like not a great idea and stuff I agree though it would be so helpful to know when your friends are active
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
@EdenB do u remember why they said it was a bad idea?? I’m just curious
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 month, 4 weeks ago by EdenB
I think I said that like you could turn it on when you were active and off when you leave the site/app but I think it would be a better idea for it to be automatic
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
@EdenB yea it’s soooo much easier for it to be automatic then to change my bio every time
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 month, 4 weeks ago by fishyknots
this is a good idea! although i think users should have a choice whether they want this to be visible
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
@fishyknots I agree 100%
Cow29
Professional
Cow29
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Cow29
@halokiwi @KrazyKnotz what do you think?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
I think it might be useful, but it should be something that users can opt out of. Not everyone is comfortable sharing this information and just because someone has the website open on their phone or computer doesn't mean they're currently actively using it.

I think it would be especially useful to know when which mod is online and available to handle reports. Having something like local time visible for us mods might also be useful. I often wake up to a bunch of messages in the morning, because users don't realise that I am not in the USA and that it was the middle of the night, when they messaged me.

If it is important to you, that other users know when you are online, you could use a system of different emojis in your bio. It's a little bit more effort, but it should work.