No challenge-hosting until certain rank?
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
8 months ago by Hylia224
I feel like this could be a thing. There seem to be quite a few inexperienced challenge hosts here, who don't exactly know what they're doing and that can be frustrating, for all parties involved, and even some mods who have to relay all the rules repeatedly.
Or even, before hosting you're own challenge, you would have to join so many challenges, kind of like the ranking up system.
I'm not trying to be rude, it was just a thought I had.

Have a great day and thank you for taking the time to read this! 💛
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
8 months ago by emilyyy307
Yeah I agree. I know I’m not the best at doing challenges because if feel bad giving people a low score but I’ve entered challenges that the deadline was almost a month ago and results still haven’t come out. People just aren’t as dedicated I guess haha
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
8 months ago by fishyknots
Oh this is a good idea! Yes, I've many experiences where the hosts didn't clarify enough or just dropped it altogether. And I didn't host a challenge until I was bracelet king.
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
8 months ago by Hylia224
@emilyyy307 @fishyknots oh gosh yes the challenge abandonment!! That is one of the things that drives me the most crazy! Like if you can't stick with the challenge all the way through then don't even start it
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
6 months, 4 weeks ago by AlmaLlama
Yes, I think that would be a good feature. Like skiller+ I think it would be ok bc how you and @fishyknots said, some host don't really know what their are doing or don't clarify the rules, deadline, etc. And same, I don't want to be rude, but that's happening to some challenges.
harriet22
Bracelet King
harriet22
6 months, 3 weeks ago by harriet22
Yes I think this would be good, I know when I was a beginner/advanced I would make challenges and looking back at them now I am a bit embarrassed, I would forget about them, so I think it would be good. Maybe one day this could be a thing but maybe the mods want to keep everything even and fair. Great idea!
harriet22
Bracelet King
harriet22
6 months, 3 weeks ago by harriet22
@AlmaLlama yes I think skiller+ is a Good idea 👍🏻
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
6 months, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
Someone could have a very high rank and never have used the forum before, so basing it on rank might not necessarily work. Having something like a forum rank or a challenge rank sounds like a very good idea, but might not be easy to put in place.

I think there is no easy solution for that at the moment, but I agree that it would be great to have one. Until then, help out others that you see are struggling and if you are worried that the challenge you joined may get ghosted by the host, join challenges by hosts that you know are more experienced.

Whenever I see a challenge without a due date while reviewing, I always reply asking when the challenge ends. Sometimes people are just forgetful. And I think that even if a person is unexperienced, they should get the chance to make their own experiences. We all make mistakes when doing something for the first time.
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
6 months, 3 weeks ago by Hylia224
@halokiwi I see what you mean. Although you do just want to give the less experienced a chance, it can be frustrating when they forget about the challenge or aren't on braceletbook at all
kambri1224
Professional
kambri1224
6 months, 2 weeks ago by kambri1224
That makes sense. I think being rank skiller would be good, especially considering you can’t use the chat before that.
kambri1224
Professional
kambri1224
6 months, 2 weeks ago by kambri1224
Take that with a grain of salt, because I’m not rank skiller yet,