suggestion: dmc colors in the generator 🧐
Macon
Bracelet King
Macon
9 months ago by Macon
I think it would be a cool idea to put the solid dmc colors in the generator, for ease of finding the correct thread. For example, when creating an alpha, you could see exactly what colors are accessible for people to get. Or, if you think a color combo is cool on a normal pattern, you can easily create a variation with the colors to make sure it’s possible.
LauraLou64
Bracelet King
LauraLou64
8 months, 4 weeks ago by LauraLou64
I would love to see that as well!
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
8 months, 4 weeks ago by emilyyy307
I was just thinking about that. Wonderful idea.
artsycake
Skiller
artsycake
8 months, 4 weeks ago by artsycake
I think that's a genius idea!
dmolliae
Advanced
dmolliae
8 months ago by dmolliae
I agree this would be useful. I suppose only to people who are using DMC thread, though many thread manufacturers provide DMC colour codes for comparison.

I have tried using web resources to get hex codes for DMC colours but they never look right on screen compared to the actual thread.
sunknots
Professional
sunknots
8 months ago by sunknots
AGREED 👍 ❤️
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
8 months ago by halokiwi
@dmolliae that might be because hex colors are a type of web colours, colours that are used on websites. Different screens portray colours a little differently, so the same colour might look different on different screens.

Embroidery floss, no matter which brand, is a physical object 😉 so getting an exact match for every screen is not possible. You can only approximate it. If you find the exact matches for your screen, it might not match someone else's screen.

You also have to consider that the amount of different hex colours is very big (not infinite, but still very big) and the amount of different dmc colours compared to that is limited. So even, if you find exact matches to your screen, you might not find matches for all hex colours.
dmolliae
Advanced
dmolliae
7 months, 3 weeks ago by dmolliae
@halokiwi yes hence my frustration trying to subjectively match my own colours to hex codes when testing my own variations haha. Having a list of DMC codes would only give an accurate indication when paired with finished work, not so much a pattern.

I actually find it a nice part of the process laying out all of my thread and finding a colour combination I'm happy with. It also leads me to drive to the shop and spend all of my money on thread when I'm missing the shade I want lmao.
whitneydxn
Bracelet King
whitneydxn
7 months, 3 weeks ago by whitneydxn
Hey! Just for anyone who needs this, I use this site https://threadcolors.com/ it converts dmc colors to the color code! Hope this helps!