Created an account & letters are missing from my username. Bug or feature?
eMeraldlap
Beginner
eMeraldlap
9 months, 1 week ago by eMeraldlap
Just created an account with the name "eMeraldlapin", but the name displayed everywhere (profile page, welcome email etc) is "eMeraldlap". I am able to log in with both versions (eMeraldlapin and eMeraldlap). Is there some kind of limit / maximum length a username can be? If so, this shoudl be indicated somewhere when you first sign up... especially since usernames cannot be edited & accounts cannot be deleted, only banned by an admin.
I would like an admin to ban / remove this account so I can start fresh with a username that doesn't have this issue. Thank you!
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
9 months, 1 week ago by KrazyKnotz
There is a character limit. You are able to log in with both, because the last couple letters are automatically removed by the system. So you are logging in the the shorter version which is your actually username.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
This is stated underneath the bar where you enter your username when creating an account

2-10 characters containing letters, digits and _- only.
eMeraldlap
Beginner
eMeraldlap
Good to know, thanks! I just went and double-checked the sign-up page and it does say 2-10 characters, so that's my bad for not noticing it when creating the account ^^; . It would be nice if the page stopped you from entering names longer than 10 characters, but oh well. I would still like this account deleted though, if that's possible.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
We do not delete accounts. I can ban your account which will deactivate it. Is that okay?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
9 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
Just a heads up before the account gets banned: you can't use the same email address twice. So if you want to create a new profile using the same email address, you'll first have to change the email address of this one 🙂
eMeraldlap
Beginner
eMeraldlap
Oh!! thanks for the heads-up, i'll do that right now & will reply again when i'm all good for the ban ^^
eMeraldlap
Beginner
eMeraldlap
Email has been switched so i'm good to ban whenever you can
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
9 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
@KrazyKnotz @halokiwi ⬆️ ⬆️
eMe_lapin
Skiller