Regarding Ads
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year ago by jazzyghost
So obviously I don't know the inner mechanisms of advertisements on websites, public or private, or what advertisement content is allowed, or how to filter it. However, after seeing highly suggestive/raunchy video game and web-story ads I wonder if there's a way to regulate the kinds of ads we see. If I recall correctly there isn't an age minimum to sign up for braceletbook, but there is a large portion of users who are children here, likely under the age of 12. I would argue that allowing the proliferation of suggestive ad content on this site is innapropriate given the website's target demographic.

So, I don't know if @Admin or any other site monitor would be able to regulate ads, but could this perhaps be considered?

I see this problem on other platforms like YouTube as well, and they're mostly unresponsive to user critiques. I'm hoping braceletbook could at least consider my worries because the monitors here are great!

(I am also aware of the fact that, on some Google ads, you can press the little "x" and ask for an ad not to be shown again, but that isn't an option for all ads. Also, the fact that raunchy ads are here at all is a cause for concern in my opinion.)
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year ago by jazzyghost
Oops, just noticed I misspelled "inappropriate" haha, please forgive any other errors if they're present 😂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year ago by halokiwi
Admin can get in contact with our ad provider and report these ads. He's done so multiple times before.
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year ago by jazzyghost
@halokiwi thanks for your quick response! I appreciate you telling me that, I'm glad there are some options then :>

Maybe I just overreact :'P
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year ago by halokiwi
You didn't overreact at all 🙂 ads are personalised, so not everyone is getting the same ads, which means that someone might be seeing ads that we mods don't and then we are of course not aware of them.
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year ago by jazzyghost
That explains all the college ads smh 😒 (why is college prep so stressful??)

But thanks, that's all good to know 😄
shannonrae
Bracelet King
shannonrae
6 months, 2 weeks ago by shannonrae
I know this post is older but Is there a way to pay a premium to get rid of the ads? For me personally when I’m in the middle of making a pattern, certain ads will pop up at the top of the page and cause all my work to revert back and undo everything that I’ve done. Also when a Walmart ad pops up for me, I will click on a dot to change the direction of the knot while making a pattern and it will act like I clicked the ad, even though I wasn’t anywhere near the ad. This has happened to me on my laptop and on my iPhone in safari.
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
6 months, 2 weeks ago by emilyyy307
@shannonrae yeah there is actually! I’m not sure where to find it on the website but first I need to double check that there is actually an option like that but I’m 99% sure there is
Bracelet King
5 months ago by 4741119
@emilyyy307 I know for sure that you can remove ads if you have the app.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
I'm quite sure if you're on a Private Window on the website you don't get ads (I'm always on private windows and never get ads).