Instead of removing a pattern, maybe the mods could do this 🤔
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 3 months ago by Elise64
So I know that a pattern can get removed if it is submitted a couple of times with little change, but maybe they could somehow send it back to the create patterns section and make it unable to be submitted so you can keep it to yourself! I don’t know if it’s possible to do that, but if it is I think it would be better than removing it 🙂
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
3 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
You are warned at least 3 times that submitting it with no changes will be considered spam and deleted. I suggest not submitting it that third time if you want to keep it for your own personal use.

Maybe consider making a copy of it so you have two separate patterns on your 'Create patterns' page that have the exact same code. That way you have your own personal copy. (Please do NOT submit this extra pattern since it is for you only)
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
3 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
*I mean submitting AFTER the 3rd time
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 3 months ago by PugCakePop
@Elise64 I think that's a great idea. That way if you really like that pattern you can keep it and make it. I feel like removing patterns completely is a teensy but unfair, though I do know the rules as KrazyKnotz has said above. But maybe people don't understand that, maybe they speak Another language or they just don't understand it. Also, a lot of hard work goes into making a pattern, so I think this is a good solution! But if someone is purposely doing that, it would be reported as spam and deleted. So im kind of neutral here but this is a good idea!
_dreamer
Bracelet King
_dreamer
3 years, 3 months ago by _dreamer
You could also just screenshot the pattern then you will have it “forever”
book_worm3
Bracelet King
book_worm3
3 years, 2 months ago by book_worm3
@Elise64 I think it’s a great idea!
Smooshy
Bracelet King
Smooshy
3 years, 2 months ago by Smooshy
I concur
Smooshy
Bracelet King
Smooshy
3 years, 2 months ago by Smooshy
XD
kaliciorn
Bracelet King
kaliciorn
3 years, 2 months ago by kaliciorn
I agree! I tried to post a political pattern when I was a newbie, but I’d still like to make it for myself
monessss
Bracelet King
monessss
3 years, 2 months ago by monessss
I agree! what happens to me all the time is I make a pattern and they say I need to change a couple of knots that look out of place, so I change a bunch of knots and just do some other general improvements, and then when I submit it they send it back like almost immediately saying I didn't change anything and I better not submit it again without major improvements or else they'll delete it. My issue with that is that I DID change it, usually a significant amount, but they just don't really remember what it used to look like (which isn't their fault, they do so much mod work that they can't possibly remember all of the patterns they see), so they just send the generic "we're gonna delete this" message. But I agree with you, even if they won't accept it, I'd still like to keep my pattern.
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 2 months ago by danielle_3
that is a good idea and they could make it so that the "submit to the site" button is no longer able to be clicked. that way the pattern still exists but it can't be added to the site anymore. they could also have this if a pattern gets taken down it could be sent back to create patterns but it just can't get submitted again!
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 2 months ago by PugCakePop
Exactly. This would be a better solution than permanently deleting it. Also @KrazyKnotz it would be unnecessarily time consuming to create a copy of a pattern especially if its a big pattern. Although taking a screenshot is an option the photo could be lost or deleted. I think this suggestion is better🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@monessss we're a team of mods so your pattern might get reviewed by a moderator who has never seen it before and therefore can't determine if you made any changes 😅 I recommend to write which changes you made into the review notes if you are worried these changes won't be seen. Writing something in the review notes for example a question also helps us mods recognise that you are putting serious effort in your patterns 😄
monessss
Bracelet King
monessss
3 years, 2 months ago by monessss
@halokiwi oh i hadn't even thought of that! That's probably why that's happening, then. thanks for the suggestion!
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
3 years, 2 months ago by Deuken
This should go for forum threads as well.