mods and their crazy amounts of patterns
Lots_Knots
Professional
Lots_Knots
3 years, 2 months ago by Lots_Knots
I recently saw a thread about underated patterns and i think the reason they are underrated is because a lot of the mods post twenty patterns at once. i think that you shouldn't be able to post this many patterns a day because it burries a bunch of good ones. also mods shouldn't be able to post patterns because that's time taken away from looking at patterns and patterns are taking a long time to be seen.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 2 months ago by Elise64
I agree, well not with the fact that they post tons of patterns every day, but because some of their patterns look literally exactly the same as their others but then patterns get declined that look similar. Also, if someone makes a pattern that is based off of one of KrazyKnotz’s, she will always comment “*uses (whatever they used from her pattern) from my pattern (pattern number)*” or something like that, and if a pattern looks really similar to another pattern but she isn’t the creator of one of those patterns, she won’t say anything about it, but I did find an among us pattern that used a among us character from someone else’s so it’s kind of confusing. No hate to the mods, they do a great job 👏😊
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 2 months ago by Elise64
Well they do post tons of patterns every day, but there’s nothing wrong with that, but idk If they have a limit to how many patterns they can create
Lots_Knots
Professional
Lots_Knots
Immature tag her so she can see this
@KrazyKnotz
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 2 months ago by PugCakePop
Yeah I agree about that. Some mods post like 15-20 patterns a day and even though they're amazing patterns, they dont get a lot of recognition, or love at all. @Odanak1811 posts a lot of patterns everyday and they are really pretty, but no one really looks at them, sadly. And KrazyKnotz posts a lot of patterns that look almost exactly the same, with tiny differences. I do think there should be a limit to how many patterns mods post. Maybe 5-10 patterns instead of a heap of patterns that ultimately no one really appreciates. Like you said above, a lot of patterns are super similar and get accepted, but patterns which are mildly similar get declined. But mods come up with really good patterns, and they are also part of this community, so they should also be able to post patterns.

I think that -
•Idk what the pattern limit is for mods but maybe the limit should be 5-10 patterns a day. Many great patterns are buried☹️
• If the patterns are really similar, like ones where just the Colors are different, or the design is slightly different, those patterns should get declined.
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
I think we should just be fine with it, if people wanna find the “good buried” patterns then they can skim through the pages. It doesn’t really matter how much time is taken away from reviewing photos and stuff because the mods do have a life and they do wanna make patterns and we should respect that. Maybe approach this in a respectful manner instead of calling something immature. Also I’m pretty sure she says like what’s from her pattern and stuff just so she can get her credit. She probably doesn’t post it on others patterns because she may not know who the original creator is. The mods do an amazing job as it is and I think we should respect that and let them create whatever amount of patterns they want so they can enjoy their time on bb 😊
euni
Bracelet King
euni
3 years, 2 months ago by euni
I like all the variations of the patterns, its nice to have a similar pattern with different amounts of strings. This way BB users from beginners to advance can use the one the want. Its a couple of new pages a day to look through.
If the keywords are added correctly you should easily be able to search for a pattern style you are looking for.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 2 months ago by 2006_Mandy
While I do agree there are people who post many many patterns at once I don't think it is right to call anyone on here immature publicly because the mods do so much for bracelet book and many of their patterns are useful. Yes some things can be annoying but complaining about it isn't always right.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Moderators are moderators but they are also regular braceletbook users. They are here to look for patterns and share their own creations. Taking that away from them would take away some of the joy that is being part of this community.

Moderators get chosen because they have contributed to the community for example by helping users in the forum or making patterns. Stopping to do those things would make no sense because braceletbook would loose an important contributor by making someone a moderator.

You mentioned being worried that we don't have enough time to review patterns if so many patterns get submitted by moderators. The time in which a pattern gets reviewed is less than 24 hours and has been like this for several months. There's really no need to worry that we don't have enough time 🙂

Another point is that every user could make that many patterns. In my experience once you start making patterns you get inspired to do more. If those patterns meet the requirements to be accepted any user can make as many patterns as they want.

I know especially in the beginning it is hard to get patterns accepted because you don't really have much experience yet but it'll get easier and easier. And it can be quite frustrating when others get tons of patterns accepted and you don't or your patterns don't receive as good ratings as some others. It'll get better. 😄
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@Lots_Knots I also just want to remind you that you asked me, a mod, to make a pattern for you 😉
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Oh, and not to forget, moderators are volunteers. We don't get payed for this or anything. We do this because it's fun and we want to contribute to the community.

If we had troubles reviewing all the patterns in time more moderators would be added like it has happened in the past.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
to add to what I said earlier I actually really like the patterns that the mods make! Yeah they make a bunch of patterns but that is a good thing sometimes. They are an important part of braceletbook and contribute massively in many ways (especially with patterns). I would think twice before calling anyone immature because no one is perfect and even if some things annoy us we still need to be respectful. 😊
Lots_Knots
Professional
Lots_Knots
@2006_Mandy
I never called anyone immature?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
You said immature litterally at the top of this forum but whatever. Please don’t tag me again...
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
You called Elise64 immature in the message where you said she should tag KrazyKnotz so she can see it
Lots_Knots
Professional
Lots_Knots
@halokiwi I didn't realise! I was trying to say "imma" (basically means "I am going to")! Must've autocorrected! I feel so bad now 🤮
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Oh no :/ I was slightly confused why you would be calling anyone immature or if there potentially had been a rude message you replied to that got deleted
Lots_Knots
Professional
Lots_Knots
@allialexis read above I wasn't trying to call her immature
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
Ohhh ok
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Oh ok well I think it’s a little mean to say mods shouldn’t be able to post patterns because patterns aren’t just something that is simple to make and they are braceletbook users like the rest of us. However I’m sorry for assuming that you would call someone immature. Enjoy the rest of the day and message me if you ever need help designing patterns. 😊