saving patterns
ashes03
Professional
ashes03
3 years, 8 months ago by ashes03
can we pLEASE add something where you can undo changes when making a pattern, also if trying to leave the page creating a pop up asking if we want to save our pattern??? i just spent upwards of 2 hours on an alpha pattern and then accidentally left the page and lost all of my work. its extremely frustrating to not have the undo option nor a pop up asking to save work before exiting the page.
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 8 months ago by Diana2509
The same thing has happened to me so many times! I want to just give up when that happens, and I was about to make the exact same topic before I saw you posted this!
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
3 years, 8 months ago by sodapop
@ashes03 @Diana2509

When making a pattern, just save your progress often as you're working on it.
There are 3 orange buttons...
"Save & test"
"Submit to the site"
"Delete"

You just have to click "Save & test" to save your work. It's also a good way to check your progress when writing normals and make changes as necessary. And if you're in the Draw Alpha section, click the Save button at the upper right corner of the grid even if you're not finished. Press it often! It's true that you can lose all your work in between Saves, but at least you can revert back to the last saved version. It also helps to open another window with the pattern you're working on in case you mess up terribly... then you can just go to your backup window and "save & test" to keep that original design. I have over 200 unfinished patterns (including normals and alphas and variations) saved in my "Create Patterns" section that I continue to work on over the course of weeks or months. 😂
ashes03
Professional
ashes03
3 years, 8 months ago by ashes03
@sodapop yeah i know, but i was on my computer and i had accidentally swiped to the side with two fingers (which will bring u back to the page before if ur unaware) and it didn’t prompt like “would u like to save your work” or anything like that and that was my point