Alpha Variations (read example below)
tBlue
Bracelet King
tBlue
3 years, 8 months ago by tBlue
I had a little suggestion for the variation feature, specifically for alphas. i think we should be able to use the draw an alpha feature on there as well. for example, i just recently finished pattern #33800, but i had to copy/recreate a whole entire pattern just to change the color of the outline on each flower petal (i know i could've just remembered to make pink knots around the blue petals, but i prefer being able to look at it physically). i shouldn't have had to make an entire NEW pattern when the draw an alpha feature could just work and i could easily give credit to the original pattern designer instead of not being able to submit my variation on that person's pattern just because it's not my original design. please let me know if this is something you would be able to change and if anything i just said made sense, thanks again!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 8 months ago by halokiwi
The issue is that when you change knots the generator does no longer recognise it as a variation. From what I heard this used to be possible in the past at least for normal patterns and it didn't really work out.
tBlue
Bracelet King
tBlue
3 years, 8 months ago by tBlue
oh... ok
Kyraiskool
Bracelet King
Kyraiskool
3 years, 8 months ago by Kyraiskool
I've been thinking the same thing! I feel like it severely hurts the amount of cool variations we can do while also leading to a lot of clutter in the patterns section. I think that variations should be able to be way more than just color changes.
Let's say that I edited that same flower but I wanted it to have a dead look to it. I feel like yeah sure it could be it's own pattern but at the same time it's still really similar to the one edited.
Or how astrological signs have to take up 12 different patterns instead of just having one pattern and having the other signs still be considered variations. I think that as long as it's similar enough for you to tell it was based off the original pattern it should be fine.

I like that dang near every post I make on the forum is ideas for variations. I'm officially the crazy variation improvement lady now lmao