Warning: Export Before Submission
kelaiope
Advanced
kelaiope
3 years, 8 months ago by kelaiope
I worked very hard to write up a normal pattern (my very first pattern!). I was surprised and dismayed to discover that submitting the pattern removed it from my created patterns. I did not save an extra copy before attempting my submission, and now I need to recreate the pattern that took me a very long time to make, because there's no guarantee my submission will be accepted...

If my submission is accepted, will I be notified so I can go find it and start it?
If my submission is rejected, I assume I won't get my pattern back...

so I should probably just... try again and hope I can remake it?

😐
arf820
arf820
3 years, 8 months ago by arf820
all patterns have to be reviewed by a moderator before it can be on the site. you won’t have access to it until it is reviewed.if it gets accepted, you can find it on your profile and on the “patterns” page. if it gets declined, you can find it on your “create patterns” page. the moderator who declined it also has written a decline message saying why it was declined, so that you can fix it and resubmit it for a second review. there is no need to remake your pattern. you will have access to it whether it is accepted or declined. 🙂
kelaiope
Advanced
kelaiope
3 years, 8 months ago by kelaiope
"Sorry, but in the current state your pattern does not meet the level of complexity necessary to be accepted, as it's believed to be easily replicable."

Really? There are no Chicago flag patterns under the Normal bracelet style... none that I can find... is that too similar to Published Pattern #154? Or easier to replicate than Published Pattern #2?

I guess I need to use screenshots of my rejected-for-simplicity pattern to share this with my sister and confirm she wants this pattern before I make it.
Thank you for the assistance!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 8 months ago by halokiwi
I recommend to put any message you have for the person reviewing your pattern in the review notes. If you disagree with the decline message you can resubmit your pattern and give some extra information in the review notes. I'm sure the next moderator who sees it is willing to reconsider or give you advice what you need to change for it to be accepted. 🙂

Simple patterns like some of the early patterns are on braceletbook because especially the patterns #1 and #2 are very popular and there need to be places to post pictures of them. It's also important to consider the age of a pattern as the rules which patterns get accepted and which don't have changed over time.

I recommend to you to resubmit your pattern and leave a message in the review notes. 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 8 months ago by halokiwi
I made you two Chicago flag patterns because I thought you might like them after yours got rejected.

One has 12 strings #50713 and the other has 20 strings #50710. You can theoretically remove the most left and most right white string from the 12 string pattern to make a bracelet with just 10 strings but I don't think you can go much smaller than that.

I hope your sister likes the patterns as well.